• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vendictive Protection from Stalking, What do I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KStwister8

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

My finace's ex-wife has a history of stalking and harrassing me. I moved, changed my number and even quit my job, but it didn't take long for her to find me and start again.

I kept a journal of the incidences and reported it to the Safety and Empowerment Center, but did not file a PFA as she never made direct verbal threats.

I did call and spoke to an elder in her church to ask for assistance in keeping her from following me, calling me etc. This worked immediately and I have not seen or heard from her since the 3rd of December, 2009.

Until yesterday. Out of the blue I got a letter from her attorney entering his appearance with myself as the defendant and her as the plantiff. That was all it said. I called that law office to find out what it was about, but it was near 5pm and no one was available.

I checked the court docket for that county, not the county in which I live, and I am on the docket next week for her filing a protection from stalking order against me!

:eek:

The last contact I've has with her was in maybe May, I have it written down at home, where she approached my car, opened the door and started asking me personal questions.

How can she do this? What do I do? I have no money for an attorney and she is using the free legal clinic. I'm a professional and this could have serious consequences for my business. :confused:

What do I do now?

Gracie3787

After reading your previous posts about the situation, the best advice anyone can give you is for you to get a consult with a local attorney.
Consults are generally inexpensive and very worthwhile.

When you go for the consult, be sure to take a copy of your fiance's divorce decree with you since alot of this situation involves your fiance's problems with his ex.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">