• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A victim with out the answers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

m31n3z3w5k1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut
In november I discovered I was pregnant by my boy friend and was very excited to tell him the news. He came by late one night to my appartment where I live alone at (no witnesses) I told him the news and he did not belive me and made me take a few prgnancy tests they were all positive. We got into an argument about keeping it and if I had seen what would happen next the mabye I could have handled the situation differently. Out of no where he grabbed me by the neck and started strangling me when I started to screaming as loud as I could hoping some one in my building would hear me. When I started to scream he grasped a hold of me tighter causing the blood to rush to my face and making it so I couldn't scream. Some how I was able to grab his side and dig my nails into him wich caused him to release me. I then caught my breath and was very much in shock that my boy friend would ever act like this. I then slaped him hard across the face and he retaliated by punching my pregnant stomach. He is alot bigger than me and goes to the gym 5 days a week for a few hours at a time. After he puched me he then picked me up and though me into a steel metal chair. I was afraid to call the police because I would have to do this in front of him and who knows what he would do to me if I had called. I waited a few days before going to the police so my boy friend wouldn't be around me. When I went I showed them the bruises from the strangle marks, the bruises on my stomach, and the scrapes and bruises from the chair. The police took pics of both of our injuries I was not there when he told them what ever he said. The police said they didn't know who was telling the truth oviously he would not say something to get him self convicted.
Isn't that attempted murder to a fetus???? was i wrong to deffend my self??? when is it okay to deffend your self???? I later filed a no contact restraining order against him and about a month later he filed a false one against me. Is it possible that he paid off the police??? He has broken the restraining order several times by contatcing my friends and by attempting tocontact me from other phone numbers. I tried to report it but the police did not seem to care, my friends called the police and the police did the same thing to her. I later tried to contact the state police and they said well it has to be delt with in the town that it occured in. If it was over the phone and I was in a different state, then what about that? Bottom line there is a no contact restraining order due to a life threatning inccedent and he violated it. What can I do?
I also ran a background search and was surprised at his attempted murder charges in other jurusdictions that they were unable to bring up in court.
please I need some advise

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut
In november I discovered I was pregnant by my boy friend and was very excited to tell him the news. He came by late one night to my appartment where I live alone at (no witnesses) I told him the news and he did not belive me and made me take a few prgnancy tests they were all positive. We got into an argument about keeping it and if I had seen what would happen next the mabye I could have handled the situation differently. Out of no where he grabbed me by the neck and started strangling me when I started to screaming as loud as I could hoping some one in my building would hear me. When I started to scream he grasped a hold of me tighter causing the blood to rush to my face and making it so I couldn't scream. Some how I was able to grab his side and dig my nails into him wich caused him to release me. I then caught my breath and was very much in shock that my boy friend would ever act like this. I then slaped him hard across the face and he retaliated by punching my pregnant stomach. He is alot bigger than me and goes to the gym 5 days a week for a few hours at a time. After he puched me he then picked me up and though me into a steel metal chair. I was afraid to call the police because I would have to do this in front of him and who knows what he would do to me if I had called. I waited a few days before going to the police so my boy friend wouldn't be around me. When I went I showed them the bruises from the strangle marks, the bruises on my stomach, and the scrapes and bruises from the chair. The police took pics of both of our injuries I was not there when he told them what ever he said. The police said they didn't know who was telling the truth oviously he would not say something to get him self convicted.
Isn't that attempted murder to a fetus???? was i wrong to deffend my self??? when is it okay to deffend your self???? I later filed a no contact restraining order against him and about a month later he filed a false one against me. Is it possible that he paid off the police??? He has broken the restraining order several times by contatcing my friends and by attempting tocontact me from other phone numbers. I tried to report it but the police did not seem to care, my friends called the police and the police did the same thing to her. I later tried to contact the state police and they said well it has to be delt with in the town that it occured in. If it was over the phone and I was in a different state, then what about that? Bottom line there is a no contact restraining order due to a life threatning inccedent and he violated it. What can I do?
I also ran a background search and was surprised at his attempted murder charges in other jurusdictions that they were unable to bring up in court.
please I need some advise
**A: call the cops again.

Hot Topic

I seriously doubt that that was the first time that your boyfriend had ever become that angry with you. I seriously doubt that that was the first time that your boyfriend had ever become physically violent with you.

You need to call the National Domestic Violence Hotline. I regret that at the moment I'm unable to locate it, but you should be able to get it from Google. It's a free call.

m31n3z3w5k1

my reply

Please don't doubt me for you were not there, this was the first time he had ever shown any agressiveness twards me, we were only together for a short time.
I do not like talking to the police because they make me feel like more of a victim by saying that I am harassing the police. They don't seem to care what the truth is and just want to arrest both of us. It's injustice! He has broken a restraining order and the police refuse to do anything, my friend has called saying that he has harassed her about an open case, police still did nothing!

I am afraid for my child, where I have heard this story so many times before in the news. Woman calls police, police say he said she said B.S. don't know and say they are both at fault, restaining orders are filed, kid is born, anger managment classes, then the court says both parents are okay to be around, woman disagrees with claim, father kills child at a later age. I have heard it before, I don't want it to happen to me!

Hot Topic

What did the domestic violence hotline tell you when you called?

Have you tried to engage the services of a pro bono (you pay nothing) attorney through the local bar association?

Unfortunately, you chose to have a child with a man you knew for a short time. You're going to have to keep trying to get through to the police and to realize that this is a situation that's not going to resolve itself quickly.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">