• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

violated probation due to a domestic charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chenysgrl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I need advice. My fiance was arrested for 2 warrants and he went to court and one was cleared as time served and he is being held for violation of his probation. I need to know what is gonna happen to him and is there something I should do? Susanna, CA

CdwJava

I need advice. My fiance was arrested for 2 warrants and he went to court and one was cleared as time served and he is being held for violation of his probation. I need to know what is gonna happen to him and is there something I should do? Susanna, CA
No one can say what WILL happen to him.

If the other warrant is for the violation of probation, then he will have to face the possibility of new sentencing on the charges for which he is on probation. In other words, he can go to jail - or even prison (if that was a possibility) - for violating the terms of his probation.

chenysgrl

well the other warrant was for the original domestic charge and that he didn't follow through with his classes so they told him that they are gonna take to pretrial. He's in jail now waiting for his other court date. Is there anything I can do?

Hot Topic

Get him a good lawyer.

He'll have to face his wrongdoing like a man. You are his financee. You don't have the same rights as a wife would.

CdwJava

About all you can do is help him pay for an attorney.

Plus, if you two have any children, you might expect children's services to be looking into the matter as well. CPS takes a dim view of parents not following through with things.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">