• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violated Probation (No Contact Order) Michigan

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aekov

Ok so here's the deal. Me and my Ex were together for 3 years, we have a daughter who is 2 now. A year ago we got in a fight and she ended up cutting my forehead open (pushed the christmas tree over on me and one of the bulbs slashed my forehead) and called the cops saying I assaulted her. She went to jail and got 9 months probation with a no contact order. She had no where to go and wanted to continue the relationship so I let her move back in with me and never called the cops once even though we got in a few fights after that.

Now after her probation was over we got into it and she called them again saying I hit her. They made me leave for the night and two weeks later picked me up and put me in jail. I got out on bond, violated my bond by texting her, went back to jail got out again on bond. I was sentenced to 9 months probation and no contact under a diversion program which she agreed to, but I went over there because she said I could come see my daughter whenever I wanted and thought I learned my lesson and just wanted me to get the same thing she did. We talked for awhile and things were fine, then she asked me if I would take her to the store and buy groceries for her. I told her I had no money and I could tell she wasn't happy. By the way the house is mine and I'm still paying for the bills while she's there. I'm in the process of evicting her so she can get assistance from the state, she won't leave without the notice. Anyway, after I left she called the cops saying I was there harassing her. They called me and asked me if I was there. I denied being there and they continued to ask me what I was doing that day. They sent the report to the prosecuting office and now we have to go to court over it. I basically lied to the sheriffs department and my probation officer saying I wasn't there, when I was because she said it was okay. I was baited, I fell for it.

My question is do I stick with my story of not being there when we go to court or fess up and say she said it was okay and I was just there to see my daughter and lied to the sheriffs department because I was scared of going back to jail. I'm worried that if I stick with the lie that maybe the park has cameras and saw the car in question there or maybe she snapped a pic of me on her cellphone because she was playing with it when I was there.

If I fess up to it after lying to them over the phone and violating my probation what kind of sentence am I looking at? If I continue with my story and it goes to trial and they pull out a video of my car then I'm in huge **** and probably alot more trouble.

I don't know what to do!!! I'm not a bad guy, I just want to see my kid and be a good dad!!

Hot Topic

The mother of your child is a manipulator. Since you're unwilling or unable to resist her manipulations, you're the enabler, not the victim.

Truth is always the best policy, then you don't have to remember the lies you told.

They may come down on you, but that's something your lawyer would have to address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">