• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

violating restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rqtmom

What is the name of your state? california
my exboyfriend got a restraining order on me he lied to get it now he calls me all the time he misses me isn't he violating the restraining order. do i have to have proof

stephenk

do you have voicemail or an answering machine? If yes, screen all your calls and save the ones in which he leaves messages.

on your copy of the restraining order does it order both of you to not contact each other or just you? If both are to stay from each other, contact the police and report him violating the order.

H

hmmbrdzz

If he has called you several times and you've spoken to him on the phone, you need to tell him the next time he calls, "do not call me back". He got the restraining order whether he lied to get it or not. If you are speaking to him when he calls, you are violating the order. If you've spoken to him and you call the police, you'll be reporting your violation of the order. He's an idiot for taking a restraining order out on you and calling you. This is a bogus order obtained by him, but don't get yourself in trouble over it. Be smarter. Tell him "do not call me back". If he continues anyhow, call the police. If you haven't spoken to him, you'll have proof that you are complying with the order.

hmmbrdzz

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">