• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violating Restraining Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cmiller35765

We live in Alabama. My son and his wife are in the process of getting a divorce. She got a protection order on him in April but we heard this evening that it expired in May. She left him. The sheriff said that because of the protection order that if she were to go to their [his] house and he was there he could be picked up and put in jail. Why? How? She left him and all of her belongings have been or were stored but she has picked up except for outside yard toys. When can he change the locks legally? Does she have any right to go into his place of residence since she doesn't have any belongings in there? If she goes to the house, isn't she violating the restraining [protection] order?

[Edited by cmiller35765 on 07-15-2001 at 11:48 PM]

N

netjet74

violating restraining order?

I think your first concern should be why this young lady felt the need to get a restraining order against your son. You failed to mention that while you are seeking legal advice about her picking up her belongings. To be quite honest, I think that she should be in the house with the kids. No relationship ever ends with just one person at fault. Stop nit-picking and get over it. Instead of adding fuel to the fire encourage your son to move on in a healthy manner. I wish you all the best of luck. God bless.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">