• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation of a Full Protection Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bradiglesias

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Missouri

I married my husband in the state of Iowa(gay marriage). Later on we broke up but remained married because in order to get a divorce, we have to live in Iowa for at least a year and we can not get a divorce in Missouri because Missouri does not recognize gay marriage. We bought a car together, with both of our name on it. After we broke up, he insisted that each one of us should use the car for half a month since we both own it. I said no, because I have been paying for the car the whole time, and we live 2 hours away from each other. Then he started harassing me, kept calling me and showed up at my school(I am a graduate student in college). So I applied for a restraining order against him and he is not supposed to contact me in any manner through anybody and he is not supposed to molest and disturb the pease of me wherever I may be found.
After he has been served with the restraining order, a number of things happened and I am wondering which one of them is a violation against his restraining order:

First he called my car insurance company, claiming that I ran over him on his foot and he wants to pursue me for all the medical expenses which is totally not true! And my insurance company had to call me and investigate this case!

Second he called the car dealership saying that he and other co-owners(which never exist, it is just me and him whose name is on the car) want to surrender the car. Then the car dealer called me and of course I said no.

Third, I found out today from my academic advisor that he has been calling my advisor many times over the last three months, claiming he would like to make a donation(he has no money whatsoever at all) to the University and other totally nosense stuff, I am not sure he said anything about me to my advisor though. Right before spring break, he tried to call my advisor I think more than 10 times, but my advisor was out of town and never picked up the call. So he called the secretary in my Department and told them he sent 30 crates of packages to me to the department and told them to get ready for it. This is really upsetting that he is causing me trouble at school now especially he got my advisor involved.

Can anybody give me any advise on how to deal with him and stop him doing all these ****?

Plus during spring break I found out that he used my real name and real picture to create a facebook account and in the self description part, he said horrible things about me. The account now is deleted but I have the screen shot saved as evidence. Is there anyway that I can prove it was him who did this?

He is ruining my life, so pls help me!!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Missouri

I married my husband in the state of Iowa(gay marriage). Later on we broke up but remained married because in order to get a divorce, we have to live in Iowa for at least a year and we can not get a divorce in Missouri because Missouri does not recognize gay marriage. We bought a car together, with both of our name on it. After we broke up, he insisted that each one of us should use the car for half a month since we both own it. I said no, because I have been paying for the car the whole time, and we live 2 hours away from each other. Then he started harassing me, kept calling me and showed up at my school(I am a graduate student in college). So I applied for a restraining order against him and he is not supposed to contact me in any manner through anybody and he is not supposed to molest and disturb the pease of me wherever I may be found.
After he has been served with the restraining order, a number of things happened and I am wondering which one of them is a violation against his restraining order:

First he called my car insurance company, claiming that I ran over him on his foot and he wants to pursue me for all the medical expenses which is totally not true! And my insurance company had to call me and investigate this case!

Second he called the car dealership saying that he and other co-owners(which never exist, it is just me and him whose name is on the car) want to surrender the car. Then the car dealer called me and of course I said no.

Third, I found out today from my academic advisor that he has been calling my advisor many times over the last three months, claiming he would like to make a donation(he has no money whatsoever at all) to the University and other totally nosense stuff, I am not sure he said anything about me to my advisor though. Right before spring break, he tried to call my advisor I think more than 10 times, but my advisor was out of town and never picked up the call. So he called the secretary in my Department and told them he sent 30 crates of packages to me to the department and told them to get ready for it. This is really upsetting that he is causing me trouble at school now especially he got my advisor involved.

Can anybody give me any advise on how to deal with him and stop him doing all these ****?

Plus during spring break I found out that he used my real name and real picture to create a facebook account and in the self description part, he said horrible things about me. The account now is deleted but I have the screen shot saved as evidence. Is there anyway that I can prove it was him who did this?

He is ruining my life, so pls help me!!
Call the police and report these incidents.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">