• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation of OFP with exception to no contact how to proceed

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Raejh

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

I currently have an OFP against my ex with a no communication exception of text messages allowed only in the case of arranging for visitation or return of personal property.

We had had some unrelated cordial communication from time to time because we miss each other, but sometimes in that communication he's become abusive. He's also baited me by seeing if he can ask a question or share a revelation and when I've said ok he shares something hurtful or tries guilting me. Several times it's been reiterated that the guidelines must be adhered to, but then he gets me again. This time he texted to set up visitation and during the texts dropped additional unrelated information I did not want to know about who's couch he was sleeping on. I called him on it and asked him to not do it again and if it didn't have to do with visitation, personal property or payment of his phone bill which falls under personal property because he took a phone that was not fully paid for and traded it in. Anyhow he had sentencing Friday for a previous text violation and apparently they changed it to only texts about visitation... Sent me a picture and stated so that means the Verizon bill is done for....
Him mentioning the bill after telling me it was against the order, wouldn't that be a violation?
What about any of the baited abuse? He's clearly being vindictive in response to me painting clear boundaries... Can I report any of what's happened or am I SOL? Does any of the cordial communications I had with him screw me if I need to report a violation? Can I have the original order changed to just no contact at all and if he wants visitation he can file in family court? Ugh I'm so frustrated!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">