• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation of order of protection/restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tammy Hasty

What is the name of your state?Tennessee
My ex boyfriend co-signed on a vehicle loan w/me a few years ago and I've began a new career as my longtime position w/former business has ceased.
I have been past due on a few of the notes since the career change. He has written to me telling me to keep bill current as it can affect his credit which I understand. He has spoke to my father telling him he is going to the bank and pay car off and take car (using foul language). I've spoken to my loan officer and they know of my situation and I am the only person on the title and they have said that is not possible for him to do. My two concerns:
1) Has he violated the order by this mailing to me and conversation w/my father?
2) Is the information my loan officer gave me correct?

I would appreciate some legal advice on this as he has skirted around this order so much like he's teasing me. I just want him in the past. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">