• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can happen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Saboy210

San Antonio tx ,
what will happen i put my bf in jail cuz he hit me but i was drunk and dont remember what happen but now my bf wants me so sign a paper saying it was my falt what will happen to me will i go to jail or will they desmiss the case ?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Proserpina

San Antonio tx ,
what will happen i put my bf in jail cuz he hit me but i was drunk and dont remember what happen but now my bf wants me so sign a paper saying it was my falt what will happen to me will i go to jail or will they desmiss the case ?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Why would you sign such a document?

Speak with an attorney.

Your bf obviously doesn't have YOUR best interests at heart - it's time to think about what's best for YOU, hon.

TeriDactyl

Assault, in the state of TX, is a very serious issue. Two offenses in a year can lead to a felony conviction and a few years in prison. Even if you love your boyfriend, it is necessary to take care of yourself. I recommend not signing any paper stating it was "your fault". If the police were involved, it may be impossible to drop the charges. Take it as it comes. But, I recommend that you not accept responsibility whether you were drunk or not.

Hot Topic

You sound very young and not too bright. You obviously shouldn't drink.

See a lawyer, and do NOT sign anything without showing it to the lawyer first.

Hot Topic

She's probably one of those females who keeps going back to the male after he has physically or verbally abused her, then expects others to feel sorry for her.

There are, unfortunately, some females who enjoy such situations. I've seen it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">