• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What defines child endangerment?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Uminigai

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

My step mother got upset at me for leaving a can of wasp pesticide on a counter top, calling it child endangerment.
Either myself or my fiance was supervising my 3 year old the entire time it was on the counter.

Since she was under supervision, and went nowhere near the can, is it still child endangerment?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oregon

My step mother got upset at me for leaving a can of wasp pesticide on a counter top, calling it child endangerment.
Either myself or my fiance was supervising my 3 year old the entire time it was on the counter.

Since she was under supervision, and went nowhere near the can, is it still child endangerment?
Your step mother is an idiot.

CdwJava

It is certainly not wise to leave a can of wasp spray where a child can get it, but by itself the action would not generally be sufficient to constitute a crime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">