• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the definition of "interfere" in a restraning order?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

prettyyoungone

I currently have a restraining order issued by the courts against my spouse. There is a section that states and is checked that my estranged husband is not to interfere with me or the minor children. The section about were he can go or not go as far as school was checked then unchecked..because he stated that he wanted temp. visitation before a permanent visitation order. So he was able to have the children one week in November and one week in December. Then he was to file for visitation which he never did. So the "school" box was unchecked so he could pick the child up the weeks that he has her. Even though November and Decemeber are long gone he is still going to the school. Is that interfering...(when he goes to the school he asks my daughter questions about what she does at home and who is there)? What can I do as a mother to prevent him from going to the school since his "visitation" is long over?

CdwJava

What state is this in?

It might be an issue for a judge to decide whether this is interfering. Unless he is prohibited from showing up at the school, if he has shared legal custody of the children and visitation, it is probably not a violation to show at the school.

Perhaps you can take the matter back to court to adjust the language of the visitation paperwork? You can ask about language that will allow him to contact the children only on his visitation days, perhaps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">