• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to Do? Family Problems! PART 1

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chanelgirl33

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? VA

Ok, I will start from the beginning: At 15.5, I was physically assaulted by my oldest sister (now 30), and my Mother about 6 years ago when we first moved here to VA. My sister was upset that I was given the role of her job (we were live-ins at the time with the same family when we first came to VA, my Mom got a new job), but my sister was bumped up to project manager in the wifes home construction company, which apparently, wasnt good enough for her. I was now the nanny for 2 toddlers and an infant. I never complained and did all that was asked of me, and then some. Well she was mad, and decided to retaliate, so she started calling me names and then started pushing me around. I didnt touch her or anything until she started calling me a worthless c-word. It was downright immature. I chucked the phone at her when she then got up and came at me with closed fists. The cops were called and I got charged with domestic violence, I went through anger managements classes, we were ALL supposed to go to family counseling (only I went, but when my Mother DECIDED to show, the only thing she did was bad mouth me), and I was put on probation for 1.5 years. Rumors were spread at my new high school, making finding and making friends an extreme challenge. Then, the next day, I was at school, and then i had a cop come to my classroom to take me to the counseling office, I knew something was being brewed up. Low and behold, I walk into the office and my sister was there crying her eyes out saying that I was suicidal. I wasnt, she was trying to get my goat, and yet again, succeeded. There was no proof or anything. I was a pretty bright and happy kid, though I knew things couldve been better, I never said anything and kept my mouth shut. I didnt want anymore drama. So finally, the psychologist and the mental health place sent me to an institution after the evaluation. I never did anything to incriminate myself or to land there. The dr asked my Mother if it was ok that I "take a break", and Mother willingly signed the papers. I was in an institution for 1 week. I did nothing but read and attend ALL the meetings. My record is now expunged.

PRESENT DAY: My BF and I were having problems (we are fine now, we needed a cooling off period) and my Mother came to pick me up and I asked about any house rules I needed to know and she said no. I just wanted to cover my bases. So, I have 2 GREAT jobs (Ive been working for almost 3 years at and I have health Insurance that I pay for on my own), and things at home with my BF were kinda hectic, we worked that out though and Im back with him, we just needed some time. SOOOOO, my Mother says, Hey roadtrip back to MI for the fireworks and to see your older sister and the baby! So I say yes, thinking, omg, i wasnt seen my niece since she was 2, so I took up the offer. But before we left I asked my Mother to talk to my oldest sis who we were staying with, to kinda be nice to me and to stop with jokes and drama before we even headed out. I didnt want drama. Little did I know that my youngest sister (17) and her BF (20) were coming. I kept my mouth shut. Little did my Mother know that when we had to go back to my little sisters BFs house that morning before we set out on our roadtrip, he and my little sister only wanted to go back there to smoke marijuana and to pick up his marijuana because they forgot it. We traveled the whole way to MI with a quarter of marijuana in my Mothers car that she had no idea about. On the truck stops, they would get out and smoke pot. I didnt say anything at the time, because I knew it would only start drama and a he said she said type of arguement. So we finally get to MI and we get to my oldest sisters house. The only thing that I did when we were there was clean, rub Mothers feet (she has tendonitis), watch my baby niece, garden, help out where ever I could, gave my little sister and her BF anything they wanted (MONEY atleast $100 during the entire trip) so then they would leave me alone and I basically kept in sight of the Elders so then they knew that I wasnt doing anything wrong. So finally the fireworks come up for the 4th of July, the WHOLE illegitament family was there. I didnt know anyone. So I found a liquor store and bought a bottle of booze, and yes I drank some, but didnt get inibriated, but besides the point, pretty stupid. Cant take it back now, IM 21. Well the jokes and horrible comments I let fly. I was being called a crackhead and an alcoholic, I dont do drugs or drink uncontrollably (Im the skinniest and the most petite person in my family 96 lbs and 5'1 and Im 21). We all came home and I thought the night and attitudes would change. So, My Mom, my lil sis, older sis, and Brother in Law, and myself were all sitting in the living room together watching TV. My little sisters BF walks upstaris to the bathroom and proceeds to take out his marijuana to roll a joint. The smell reeked up the whole house. My oldest sis kept saying, whats that smell? I finally said I farted. They believed it! Then he came downstairs and nothing was even said. My lil sis and her BF then proceeded to go outside to smoke it. I watched out the window. NOTHING WAS SAID ABOUT THAT THOUGH. ***My 17 year old sister is smoking cigarettes, marijuana, drinking, just got off probation for assault and battery, and dating a 20 year with whom shes sexually active with.*** Well, yet again, I didnt say a WORD. Finally on Tuesday, we all went to the orthodontist and we were going to go and get lunch because we were going to leave that afternoon.

Proserpina

Praying for yourself? Pathetic. Pick on someone else. Dont come here and write BS if you know that you are being a jerk. Grow up.

No, seriously - this is a legal forum, not a "share your sob stories" forum.

If you want advice, please do the following:

List the relevant facts, bullet point if that's your preference. Leave out the emotion and the editorializing. Ask 3 questions.

Thanks ever so much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">