• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What to do if I am harrassed again?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

misscruella16

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I have experienced many cases of when I have been sexually harassed at work and raped in different situations. The man who raped me when I was 14 is in prison right now, but that is because of DNA evidence and because of my age at the time (statutory). However, the rest of the times I have been assaulted were very hard to prove (according to the law, they seemed open and shut cases to me). I am very dissatisfied at how the law handles sexual assault cases today, there has to be sufficient evidence (DNA), or witnesses usually. However, in the minds of many rapists and pedophiles, they know this is the law. Many men will take this into mind and target women and children when they are alone and there are no witnesses. They will rape women with condoms so there is less chance of a DNA specimen. This is all scary to parents of children and women beause they know that justice is hard to serve in these cases. I dont want to have to watch my back all the time just because I am a woman and I am the less vulnerable sex. Are there any tips that anyone can give me to make sure that if am ever assaulted again that my assaulter will have more of a chance of getting convicted? A friend once told me that because rape is so hard to prove nowadays, that if I am ever fearful of being raped to just kill the person before they do it. That way, the rapist cannot say that is wasnt rape in court because he will be dead. Well what if this was the case? should i go around killing anyone who tries to assault me? is this the smarter choice? I would be fearful that I would be the one going to prison in the end, sadly. However, I would rather kill then be raped and not see the person pay for their crime. What are any of your opinions?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I have experienced many cases of when I have been sexually harassed at work and raped in different situations. The man who raped me when I was 14 is in prison right now, but that is because of DNA evidence and because of my age at the time (statutory). However, the rest of the times I have been assaulted were very hard to prove (according to the law, they seemed open and shut cases to me). I am very dissatisfied at how the law handles sexual assault cases today, there has to be sufficient evidence (DNA), or witnesses usually. However, in the minds of many rapists and pedophiles, they know this is the law. Many men will take this into mind and target women and children when they are alone and there are no witnesses. They will rape women with condoms so there is less chance of a DNA specimen. This is all scary to parents of children and women beause they know that justice is hard to serve in these cases. I dont want to have to watch my back all the time just because I am a woman and I am the less vulnerable sex. Are there any tips that anyone can give me to make sure that if am ever assaulted again that my assaulter will have more of a chance of getting convicted? A friend once told me that because rape is so hard to prove nowadays, that if I am ever fearful of being raped to just kill the person before they do it. That way, the rapist cannot say that is wasnt rape in court because he will be dead. Well what if this was the case? should i go around killing anyone who tries to assault me? is this the smarter choice? I would be fearful that I would be the one going to prison in the end, sadly. However, I would rather kill then be raped and not see the person pay for their crime. What are any of your opinions?

You need to discuss this with your psychologist. Today.

misscruella16

These are serious issues that cant be talked about with a psychologist with no legal background. this is a serious question that can help many people out there, so please stop being insensitive.

Antigone*

These are serious issues that cant be talked about with a psychologist with no legal background. this is a serious question that can help many people out there, so please stop being insensitive.
It is not a matter of being insensitive. You need way more help than an internet board can provide. Seriously you need someone to talk to and you are not going to find it here.

misscruella16

I am seeing a therapist, and this is helpful, but unfortunately the question I am asking here a therapist cannot answer because she is unqualified to do so. I can go through years of therapy, but that will not stop these crimes from happening to me or other people.

eerelations

You've been told many times that you won't get the help you need by posting on these forums. If you really need legal assistance, you should contact an attorney.

PQN

1. No you may not kill someone for harassing you or because you think they may rape you. You will go to prison.

2. While it is never the victims fault, since you have been raped "many times", you need to look at what you are doing that is putting yourself in dangerous situations and learn how to avoid them. (See your therapist or a rape victims support group.)

Legally, the only thing you can do if you are raped again is to call the police immediately. The sooner they can start their investigation, the better the chances of conviction (waiting until the next day is often too late).

Please continue to work with your therapist and look for an in-person support group. Your issues are way beyond the help of online groups.

misscruella16

WOW. Many people have known that they are going to be raped and kill and do not go to jail. it is self defense. i think people take into consideration that rapists sometimes kill after rape and this is grounds for fighting for your life. for a legal forum, the last post was really bad advice. and to the post before that, this is a legal forum for legal advice, alot of people come here to get advice that they otherwise couldnt receive from a lawyer. lawyers are expensive and not everyone can afford them, which is my case. however for being a free legal advice forum, alot of people are arrogant on here and dont seem to understand the meaning of advice. I think everyone that has responded to me has been rude and insenstive, if you are on this site to give or receive advice please do that and nothing else. otherwise, you shouldnt be on here.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
WOW. Many people have known that they are going to be raped and kill and do not go to jail. it is self defense. i think people take into consideration that rapists sometimes kill after rape and this is grounds for fighting for your life. for a legal forum, the last post was really bad advice. and to the post before that, this is a legal forum for legal advice, alot of people come here to get advice that they otherwise couldnt receive from a lawyer. lawyers are expensive and not everyone can afford them, which is my case. however for being a free legal advice forum, alot of people are arrogant on here and dont seem to understand the meaning of advice. I think everyone that has responded to me has been rude and insenstive, if you are on this site to give or receive advice please do that and nothing else. otherwise, you shouldnt be on here.
Seriously, you cannot go killing people you think might rape you. That's called murder. You would need to PROVE it was self defense.

If you have been assaulted multiple times, by a variety of different men, then it is not unreasonable for people to think you need to look at how you may be contributing to the problem. No one deserves to be assaulted or raped, but one should also take reasonable precautions not to place themselves in harm's way. That would involve therapy and perhaps some self-defense classes.

Antigone*

:eek: look who's talking :eek:

CdwJava

The law allows the use of REASONABLE FORCE to protect yourself from attack. It does not allow you to KILL someone because of something you think they MIGHT do! If you are not yet being attacked or forced somewhere against your will, you cannot just kill someone because he is coming on too strong.

Where are you going and what are you doing to allow yourself to be put into all these alleged situations? If you do not like the way a man is talking or acting, walk away.

Killing someone because of what you think he might do will land you in prison.

Talk to your therapist about these feelings.

misscruella16

yes, what i was talking about is if you are being held down or attacked by someone, if it is in your best interest to act in self defense and use necessary force. I am of course not going to go after a man and kill him based on how I might perceive the way he is acting as a possible red flag that he might rape me. yes of course i would go to prison in that situation. I am talking about, a woman being in the middle of an attack of someone. Is it hard to prove it was self defense in that case if you kill or badly injure someone? Of course noone deserves to be raped, but not everyone knows why some people are abused or raped repeatedly. there are many theories on this. this does not mean that i am necessarily part of the problem. i avoid walking late at night, try to never be alone at night, etc yet i am still harassed. Unfortunately, there are many sexual predators out there that will harass anyone they want to. And if we look at this realistically there isnt really anything per say that women are doing necessarily to get themselves into situations where they will be raped. If we look at the statistics, one in four women are raped on college campuses and most women have been themselves victims of sexual assaults or know someone close to them who has. If you look up these statistics and face the facts, the real problem is that there are too many sexual predators out there who will go out of their way to find victims, and what people really need to be doing is instead of putting fault in the victim and what the victim can do to prevent these things is look at what needs to be done to prevent sexual predators from assaulting again. Many sex offenders are not in prison where they belong even after having been convicted before and having many priors. Putting blame on the victim is going to make it alot harder for our justice system to get these men in prison and to stay there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">