• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What legal action do i have for a False restraining order against me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

Its a time sensitive matter. Can I talk to someone over the phone to explaine??
This site does not work that way. Not to mention, it's a bad idea to discuss your legal issues with a stranger!

If it is vital and important, speak with an attorney. You will have confidentiality and good advice for your specific legal problem.

quincy

Its a time sensitive matter. Can I talk to someone over the phone to explaine?? Im so scared
No one on this forum will speak to you on the phone. What you are asking goes beyond the scope of this forum.

To discuss in person a time sensitive legal matter, you should seek out an attorney in your area of Oregon.

If you have been accused of domestic violence and, based on this accusation, there is now a protective order issued against you, you should NOT talk to the police. You should ONLY speak to your own attorney. If the police contact you, direct all questions to the attorney.

And you should NOT violate the order in ANY way.

Abuse is unfortunately not uncommon but false accusations of abuse are not all that rare, either. False accusations of abuse are not easy to defend against so, if there is an upcoming hearing, you will want the assistance of an attorney in your area.

Here is a link to the Oregon Bar Association, for help finding an attorney: https://www.osbar.org/

If you are a victim of domestic violence and fear for your life, you should contact your local police or your local domestic violence center. For help if you are a victim of domestic violence, here is an Oregon site with information:
http://www.oregon.gov/DHS/ABUSE/DOMESTIC/Pages/index.aspx

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">