• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What Legal Repercussions Could Be Possible for a 'Minor' PPO Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alyricalliar

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

My ex-boyfriend has filed a PPO against me. I'm currently in the process of trying to get it terminated. (as it was gotten with false information and outdated messages/emails/instances of communication)

Unfortunately, a few nights ago I wasn't being as careful as I usually am, and instead of hitting 'save' I sent out an email to him. Needless to say he called the police. I owned up to my mistake and am now looking at a court date and possible criminal charges.

My main questions are;
Should I get a lawyer to represent me?
Could this minor violation end up on my permanent/criminal record?
How bad of a sentence would I possibly face for this type of violation?

CdwJava

If you are charged with a crime for violating the order, then you should speak with an attorney ASAP.

In most instances you face up to 93 days in jail and a fine of up to $500 if you are convicted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">