• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What is the process of Domestic Violence case and when will the No Contact Order ends

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

idonthaveone1

I live in Washington State.

My husband was arrested for domestic violence. I was notified by the jail he was in the next day that he was ordered to release and he would be released by the end of the day. This was 2 days ago he was released 2 days ago. I was so happy. My husband is usually a nice guy, he just got out of control when he's angry and it just got worst and he punches me a couple times so I called the police. I was just concerned for my safety but I was not aware calling the police get my husband in so many legal troubles. I did not hear anything from my husband since the arrest. I called the court they said a No Contact Order was placed. I did not ask for it but apparently the judge thinks it's necessary. I'm devastated and clueless what is going to happen next? When is this No Contact Order going to end so I can talk to my husband again? What is the process of Domestic Violence case and how long does it take for the case to close? Can I do anything to help him? Will charges be file? Does the case have to go to trial? Are they going to put my husband back in jail? Please help I don't want him in jail I just want him home and talk to me please what can I do what is going on I don't know much about law.

Silverplum

I live in Washington State.

My husband was arrested for domestic violence. I was notified by the jail he was in the next day that he was ordered to release and he would be released by the end of the day. This was 2 days ago he was released 2 days ago. I was so happy. My husband is usually a nice guy, he just got out of control when he's angry and it just got worst and he punches me a couple times so I called the police. I was just concerned for my safety but I was not aware calling the police get my husband in so many legal troubles. I did not hear anything from my husband since the arrest. I called the court they said a No Contact Order was placed. I did not ask for it but apparently the judge thinks it's necessary. I'm devastated and clueless what is going to happen next? When is this No Contact Order going to end so I can talk to my husband again? What is the process of Domestic Violence case and how long does it take for the case to close? Can I do anything to help him? Will charges be file? Does the case have to go to trial? Are they going to put my husband back in jail? Please help I don't want him in jail I just want him home and talk to me please what can I do what is going on I don't know much about law.
You say you want this: https://www.courts.wa.gov/dv/?fa=dv.guide

But you need this: https://wscadv.org/get-help-now/

Please use the second link.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
+1, Silver.

OP (that's you, Idonthaveone1) - please. please PLEASE follow Silver's suggestion. You both need help. Your husband needs to understand how serious his behavior is and learn how to control his anger, and you need to understand that there is never an excuse to lay hands on a person in anger.

If the judge felt there was enough to issue a no contact order, it would surprise me if charges were not filed. Perhaps this is the wake-up call you both need. And no, saying now that it didn't happen, or wasn't serious, etc. won't change anything. It is very common for victims of DV to recant.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">