• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what would you do...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas

a friend of mine has a blog, and i was looking at the blogs she subscribes to and went to one of those.. that friend has 3 kids. i've watched the blog off and on, and pretty much stopped after i read two instances of her spanking her kids for things i didn't think were "spank-worthy". anyway, i decided to look again today (she has a baby about the age of mine, and i'm always curious about how other kids are doing) and she had a picture of her oldest and middle child with duct tape over thier mouths and pleading looks in thier eyes. they had been bickering with each other, and this mom thought she would duct tape over thier mouths while she lectured them.

ok, this really bothered me on so many levels... but is it something i should report? or is it just a parenting decision?

Hot Topic

You stopped watching a blog because you thought the children were spanked for something that wasn't "spank worthy." Newsflash, ace. There are many people who consider spanking to be child abuse.

If you consider the duct tape incident abuse, report it. If you don't, don't.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas

a friend of mine has a blog, and i was looking at the blogs she subscribes to and went to one of those.. that friend has 3 kids. i've watched the blog off and on, and pretty much stopped after i read two instances of her spanking her kids for things i didn't think were "spank-worthy". anyway, i decided to look again today (she has a baby about the age of mine, and i'm always curious about how other kids are doing) and she had a picture of her oldest and middle child with duct tape over thier mouths and pleading looks in thier eyes. they had been bickering with each other, and this mom thought she would duct tape over thier mouths while she lectured them.

ok, this really bothered me on so many levels... but is it something i should report? or is it just a parenting decision?

**A: isn't there soap operas or reality tv shows you could watch rather than reading the blogs?

yeah, some call it abuse, but i know spanking isn't illegal... and not something CPS is going to care about

i just wanted to get someone else's point of view on whether or not this is a simple parenting decison or something worthy of reporting... I was disturbed by the photo, and duct tape over the mouth has been a part of many abuse cases. I wasn't sure if i was over-reacting or not. the kids (ages 3 and 5)looked like they'd been abducted and looked very traumatized, and the mom was flaunting it on the web.

i enjoy following blogs... it's really not much different than following these forums.:rolleyes: so shoot me.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">