• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

when it rains it pours

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

misery2

What is the name of your state? texas
I need to know what or how or even is it possible to get a temporary protective order lifted? It should have never been placed on me. She was the one that had no cuts, scratches ,broken bones or blood, that was me. She attacked me and broused me and cut me . Please help!

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state? texas
I need to know what or how or even is it possible to get a temporary protective order lifted? It should have never been placed on me. She was the one that had no cuts, scratches ,broken bones or blood, that was me. She attacked me and broused me and cut me . Please help!
Usually when a TEMPORARY order is issued, there will be a hearing for the court to decide if the order should be made more permanant. During that hearing is when you will have the opportunity to produce your evidence as to why the order should be lifted.

Dumbhubby

So I guess the police were not called to this scene?? I mean if they were called and arrived they would have had to arrest the one who had the physical injury.
But yes just like the previous response there has to be a hearing to determine further action.
Just look on the orders that you were served and should have the date, time, and place for final hearing.
I would strongly recommend you get an attorny! Since you are the one with the scars you need representation who knows all the laws. And being she is a woman she already has the advantage.
Restraining orders are given out like candy to women. If what you say is true, and she was granted one, then that alone should tell you that you really need a lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">