• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where to go now

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

eagleguy522

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY

I think my Ex is smoking weed around my kids. My son has told me that there is a smell of skunk in the hose when his mother smokes. I also had him look at a picture of a glass bowl and he then pointed out a specific color that he said they his mother and her boyfriend use. Some advice would be great!!!

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I asked my son a question based on what I have observed.
No, you didn't. You essentially coached your child and put him in the middle of a situation he doesn't need to be in. Congratulations.

To answer your question, weed is typically a non-issue unless it actually leads to abuse, neglect or other harm. Just smoking around the kids isn't likely to make a difference.

You're welcome.

eagleguy522

No, you didn't. You essentially coached your child and put him in the middle of a situation he doesn't need to be in. Congratulations.

To answer your question, weed is typically a non-issue unless it actually leads to abuse, neglect or other harm. Just smoking around the kids isn't likely to make a difference.

You're welcome.

And how exactly is he in the middle of an issue that I now have information to that I haven't done anything with because I'd rather find another way to bring it to light. Thus why I came to this forum. Congratulations for attacking someone that is only worried about his kids.

Let's try this again.

I am looking for the best way to proceed with this information. NOT to be attacked. Thank You.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
And how exactly is he in the middle of an issue that I now have information to that I haven't done anything with because I'd rather find another way to bring it to light. Thus why I came to this forum. Congratulations for attacking someone that is only worried about his kids.

Let's try this again.

I am looking for the best way to proceed with this information. NOT to be attacked. Thank You.
Did you miss it?

You're welcome.
You're doubly welcome. And you're not being "attacked", hon. Really - you're not.

:cool:

LdiJ

Let's try this again.

Dad, lets try this a different way...

The appropriate way to handle that:

Son: Dad, mom's house smells like skunk when she is smoking.

Dad: I am sorry to hear that son.

The inappropriate way to handle that: (the epic fail)

Showing him pictures of pipes to get him to identify what he saw. Seriously dad, that is an epic fail. You have just taught your son that it pleases you that he tells you about things at mom's house, where you should be showing your son that you are indifferent to what happens at mom's house. That is the only way to keep children out of things.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">