• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wife got Arrested first time....Family broken up by the system need help ASAP!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Eekamouse

I'm curious about one thing the OP said in his first post. OP, you said "you removed her from the house" and then you removed your son from the house by sending him to the neighbors. If you and your wife were fighting and she got so angry she slapped you, how is it that you were able to remove her from the house? What exactly did that entail? Did you physically remove her? Did you all of a sudden find a way to speak reasonably with her so that she willingly left the house at your prompting? If yes, how is it that she didn't on her own leave before she smacked you in the face after chasing you around the block? Did something else occur? Please explain.

Just Blue

I'm curious about one thing the OP said in his first post. OP, you said "you removed her from the house" and then you removed your son from the house by sending him to the neighbors. If you and your wife were fighting and she got so angry she slapped you, how is it that you were able to remove her from the house? What exactly did that entail? Did you physically remove her? Did you all of a sudden find a way to speak reasonably with her so that she willingly left the house at your prompting? If yes, how is it that she didn't on her own leave before she smacked you in the face after chasing you around the block? Did something else occur? Please explain.
I read it as the woman was arrested.

ETA: Eek you're right. Sorry...

Last edited:

not2cleverRed

Obvious Observer
um, it was a slap...

The system is majorly overreacting to ...a slap.
Our mental status has been getting MUCH worse not better...However...I have a better plea to try.

less than a month in jail, no contact dropped with the stipulation that she gets into a facility for mental help, while she does that, we can get couples counseling and family counseling and actually make a difference.

My Son and I and her have been negatively affected much MUCH worse because of their "rules"...and all they can say is "get a counselor" I have been there and done that, a counselor does not remove the pain of not having your mother and your wife of over 13 years in your life.
My *legal* advice is that you do your best to satisfy any instructions to get counseling.

Realize that you are limited to what *you* can do - you have no control over what your wife chooses to do at this point, since without any contact you cannot even suggest anything to her.

Even if you think the counseling is a bunch of hooey, show up and participate to the best of your ability. Do everything you can to show that you are taking this seriously, attempting to be the best parent possible, and open to constructive suggestions. Dwelling on your depression won't help your son.

I would give similar advice to your wife, were she here, with the added advice to swallow her pride, and do what is asked of her to go forward and potentially reunify her family. If your wife let's her pride dictate her actions, if she is unwilling to do any and everything stipulated in order for the *chance* to be reunited with her child (notice I didn't say "you"), then it's in your son's best interest to *not* be around her unsupervised.

Furthermore, if you want to remain with a woman like that, then your son deserves something better than "REAL" parents.

qwaspolk69

um, it was a slap...

The system is majorly overreacting to ...a slap.
Our mental status has been getting MUCH worse not better...However...I have a better plea to try.

less than a month in jail, no contact dropped with the stipulation that she gets into a facility for mental help, while she does that, we can get couples counseling and family counseling and actually make a difference.

My Son and I and her have been negatively affected much MUCH worse because of their "rules"...and all they can say is "get a counselor" I have been there and done that, a counselor does not remove the pain of not having your mother and your wife of over 13 years in your life.
That is how these things start - with "just a slap."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">