• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wife made false report to police what can i do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

victom of Dv

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Colorado
My wife made a false report to the local sheriff dept and i went to jail for 4 days and haven't seen my kids in a month. i finaly got the discovery and found out that she lied about everything. (money, hole in the wall, phone abuse) i have called the sheriff out to see the wall and the phone reciepts and the money accounts to prove she lied but they say "Tough get a lawyer" is there any way i can file the police report about her lieing to the police? she said we were fighting about a hole in the wall but there is no hole in the wall.

CdwJava

You can ask the Sheriff's Department to take a report. They do not have to. You can ask to speak to a supervisor if a deputy won't, but they still do not HAVE to take one. you can also speak to the DA's office.

Ultimately, you cannot force criminal charges. But, you CAN sue her in civil court. Consult an attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">