• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wifes Harassment NJ

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

meanpressure0

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

New Jersey

I have a question for the forum regarding harassment. I caught my wife having an affair about 1.5 years ago and we have been attempting to survive it but it is quite difficult. Without boring anyone with the details of each argument I will say that every time she does not get her way she will threaten to leave the marriage or take the children and leave our home. Our home is rented to us by her very wealthy parents and she will also tell me that they will kick me out of our home or how will I see our children if I have no home. I am the only one employed and pay all of the bills but the threat of being removed by her parents or having the children taken away is too much. In NJ can this be considered harassment? I have filed a complaint and given a copy of the complaint but as of yet she has not been served. I fear her family influence had made my complaint null?

Hot Topic

Stop seeing yourself as a victim. I suspect that you've overestimated the influence of her parents.

When she had the affair, she showed her lack of respect for you and the institution of marriage. In a sense, she left the home when she had the affair. She would have taken the children and left home anyway had the affair turned into something else.

Her parents couldn't kick you out of the house without legally evicting you.

She had the affair. On what grounds could she take the children from you? Her good character?

You'd find a way to see the kids if you really wanted to.

You sound like a very weak individual. Act like a man and assert your rights. Check out the local bar association. You may be able to talk to an attorney pro bono (free) or for a small charge.

meanpressure0

NJ Harassment

Don't get me wrong I plan on a legal battle I'm just checking to see what my rights are? Her affair is well documented to the point of text messages saying she would leave the kids at after care to be with the other man (who is also married - and once outed wanted nothing to do with her).

Given the affair and her many deceptive and neglectful acts (towards me and the children) what chance would I have for custody?

HomeGuru

Don't get me wrong I plan on a legal battle I'm just checking to see what my rights are? Her affair is well documented to the point of text messages saying she would leave the kids at after care to be with the other man (who is also married - and once outed wanted nothing to do with her).

Given the affair and her many deceptive and neglectful acts (towards me and the children) what chance would I have for custody?
**A: you have a 50/50 chance or custody 50/50.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">