• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will I be arrested?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

"a"l"e"x"

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I think that I have a warrant for my arrest in New York State issued by Brooklyn Supreme Court IDV Part (the Judge wants to see me). Can I arrive to the USA from Europe to another state (in Georgia for example) and not to be arrested?
And how I can get an information if I really have a warrant or not?
Thank you.

Just Blue

I think that I have a warrant for my arrest in New York State issued by Brooklyn Supreme Court IDV Part (the Judge wants to see me). Can I arrive to the USA from Europe to another state (in Georgia for example) and not to be arrested?
Thank you.
Call and see if there is a warrent for your arrest.

Isis1

Thank you.
yes, you can be arrested in ANY state once the US finds out you have a warrant for your arrest.

you can determine if you have a warrant by calling the court where the warrant was issued and speak to the clerk.

"a"l"e"x"

yes, you can be arrested in ANY state once the US finds out you have a warrant for your arrest.

you can determine if you have a warrant by calling the court where the warrant was issued and speak to the clerk.
I just called to them. They said that "we do not give this information over the phone". I have to came personally.

SarieKay

Some courts have their case information on line, some courts charge to access this, some don't. You can try looking it up that way. If it is on line and available for viewing, you should be able to search by your name or the case number, then view the minutes and actions, that will tell you if you have a warrant. But, not all courts do this, and again, some charge. It is worth a try.

You can research this by putting the court name (ie: "my county superior court") and see if there are any returns.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">