• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will Restraining Order effect my husbands custody case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mm01110

What is the name of your state? California

My step-sons mother and I got into a heated argument. My husband got inbetween us and as I attempted to get her out of my face my husband hit my arm by accident resulting in me inadvertantly tapping her on the cheek.

She then put me under "citizens arrest" and filed a temporary restraining order against me. - bear in mind accuser filed TRO when we did not agree to her latest visitation proposal.

Here is a brief history: child was placed in our primary custody in August 2007 due to ongoing investigation into child abuse against by accusers husband (that of which accusere doesn’t believe is substantial despite the fact that child had severe bruising on his bottom).

I firmly believe that the custody battle involving child is the motivation for the accuser filing this false charge against me in a manipulative attempt to bolster her child custody case.

Silverplum

I think your overinvolvement and angry relationship with your H's X is BOUND to cause LOTS of trouble. In his court case, and in his life.

You have no place to get into a "heated argument" with your H's X. If she is "in your face," you walk away.

My step-sons mother and I got into a heated argument. My husband got inbetween us and as I attempted to get her out of my face my husband hit my arm by accident resulting in me inadvertantly tapping her on the cheek.

She then put me under "citizens arrest" and filed a temporary restraining order against me. - bear in mind accuser filed TRO when we did not agree to her latest visitation proposal.

Here is a brief history: child was placed in our primary custody in August 2007 due to ongoing investigation into child abuse against by accusers husband (that of which accusere doesn’t believe is substantial despite the fact that child had severe bruising on his bottom).

I firmly believe that the custody battle involving child is the motivation for the accuser filing this false charge against me in a manipulative attempt to bolster her child custody case.

xylene

So let me paraphrase

Yoy aggressively confronted ex-husbands new wife, assaulted her (which is what you mean by 'got her out of my face').

Step-mom doesn't have custody case, your ex does.

Gracie3787

You obviously cannot change what has already happened, and that can hurt your husband's case. However, from now on do NOT speak to your husband's ex AT ALL, don't even so much as look at her. That is the ONLY way to prevent any more problems for your husband. It is HIS battle, let HIM deal with HIS ex. If she tries to talk to you- WALK AWAY WITHOUT SAYING A WORD.

You should not be anywhere around during exchanges for visitation.

You are probably right about her using this, however, remember, she can only use YOU if you allow her to. Don't continue to play right into her hand.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">