• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Working at same company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA state

I was dating someone at my place of employment. It ended with him attacking me at his place. I called the police, he was charged with domestic abuse, paid his fines and did his treatment for 2 years. That was about 4 yrs ago. He had quit his job shortly after the incident but came back a year later since he would be working in a different building in another city. Well, I found out recently that they want to move me to this other building which means we would run into eachother on a daily basis. I'm not comfortable with this, but am I overreacting? I don't think he would do anything but I just don't want to be put in this awkward situation. HR is aware of what happened since I reported it to them after it happened and there was a restraining order at the time (which is now over).
Is there anything I can/should do?
Thanks!

CdwJava

If there is currently no active and valid restraining order, about all you can do is express your concerns to the employer. You can also consider changing jobs, assignments, shifts, or whatever if you really want to avoid him. Legally, absent a court order, they do not HAVE to accommodate you, and probably can no more deny him a transfer any more than they could deny you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">