• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful PFA charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

WhisperingPete

I live in Montana, and while my partner and I were drinking we started fighting, I started it. And cops were called and they took my fiance away because I lied and told them she started it. Now no matter what I say to the prosecutor they aren't giving up on the whole thing. I had sent an email to both attorneys but it didn't seem to change anything. So now she is stuck with probation and a ton of classes and such she shouldn't be. Is there anything I can do at this point to help her out?

Proserpina

I live in Montana, and while my partner and I were drinking we started fighting, I started it. And cops were called and they took my fiance away because I lied and told them she started it. Now no matter what I say to the prosecutor they aren't giving up on the whole thing. I had sent an email to both attorneys but it didn't seem to change anything. So now she is stuck with probation and a ton of classes and such she shouldn't be. Is there anything I can do at this point to help her out?

Make sure she sticks to the program. If that means no contact from you, then that's what you must do.

The courts expect the victim to recant; this is why most of the time they'll go ahead regardless if they have enough without the victim testimony.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Upstanding guy, you are. MY advice to her is to find a new b/f.

Eekamouse

Now is the time where you learn to live with the choices you've made.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">