• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongly accused and arrested

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

george almeida

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ca. i was arrested when my girlfriend attacked me and i accidentally backhanded her mouth while trying to protect myself. we dont live together and she filed a report 2 days later. there was a restraining order against her at the time and will be in effect for 2 more years. plus i have 4 police reports from when i called police on her previously.all are for her abusing me or felony vandalism to my property. what are chances of dismissal of case against me? she has violated protective order and never seems to be held accountable. now they want to hang me. what should i do? I AM WILLING TO SUBMIT TO A POLYGRAPH IF POSSIBLE.IM LOSING FAITH IN OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM. I AM AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THE VICTIM IN OUR RELATIONSHIP YET I AM LABELED CRIMINAL BECAUSE OF HER ACTIONS AND MANIPULATION OF LAW ENFORCEMENT.

Last edited:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ca. i was arrested when my girlfriend attacked me and i accidentally backhanded her mouth while trying to protect myself.
How was she attacking you? You assaulted her but self defense could be a defense to the charge.

we dont live together and she filed a report 2 days later. there was a restraining order against her at the time and will be in effect for 2 more years.
You had a restraining order against her?

plus i have 4 police reports from when i called police on her previously.all are for her abusing me or felony vandalism to my property. what are chances of dismissal of case against me?
Why didn't YOU call the police and report her violation of the protection order?

she has violated protective order and never seems to be held accountable. now they want to hang me. what should i do? I AM WILLING TO SUBMIT TO A POLYGRAPH IF POSSIBLE.IM LOSING FAITH IN OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM. I AM AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THE VICTIM IN OUR RELATIONSHIP YET I AM LABELED CRIMINAL BECAUSE OF HER ACTIONS AND MANIPULATION OF LAW ENFORCEMENT
You assaulted her. You apparently did NOT report her for the violation of the restraining order against her. Why not?

Hot Topic

Some people tolerate abusive relationships until the other partner goes too far. They then morph into the victim and expect sympathy and support.

You don't "accidentally" backhand someone in the mouth. If they're attacking you, you grab their hands, arms or shoulders to push them away or put up your hands to ward them off. Turning your hand so it impacts someone's mouth is a conscious, deliberate action.

If you'd "always" been the victim, you would have left her long ago and stayed away. See paragraph one.

CdwJava

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ca. i was arrested when my girlfriend attacked me and i accidentally backhanded her mouth while trying to protect myself.
I doubt that anyone will believe that backhanding someone was a self defense action. But, you are free to make that argument as part of your defense if you take this to trial.

we dont live together and she filed a report 2 days later. there was a restraining order against her at the time and will be in effect for 2 more years. plus i have 4 police reports from when i called police on her previously.all are for her abusing me or felony vandalism to my property.
Yet, you were still together. Why is that? Apparently you were not all that fearful of her since you allowed her to be in your presence in spite of all those past incidents and the restraining order. I would think that if you were afraid enough of her to get a restraining order, you would have called the cops the minute you saw her. Instead, you did not call the cops at all!

what are chances of dismissal of case against me?
If she recants (and most victims do) then probably about 50/50. But, the court may decide to drop your TRO based upon your obvious lack of fear for her. And both of you have a serious lack of credibility at this point.

she has violated protective order and never seems to be held accountable. now they want to hang me. what should i do?
If you are charged at arraignment, consult an attorney.

I AM WILLING TO SUBMIT TO A POLYGRAPH IF POSSIBLE.
They won't give you one.

IM LOSING FAITH IN OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM. I AM AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN THE VICTIM IN OUR RELATIONSHIP YET I AM LABELED CRIMINAL BECAUSE OF HER ACTIONS AND MANIPULATION OF LAW ENFORCEMENT.
Yet you hooked up with her again. :rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">