• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongly accused of child abuse/restraining order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

j bruno

What is the name of your state? wisconsin

My ex-wife (who is a police officer) accused me of child abuse. My children agreed to the allegations she was making. I was investigated by the police department and my state's child welfare bureau. Both cleared me, stating they did not believe that I was abusing my children. I was going to pick my kids up from school the next day after hearing from child welfare. My ex-wife then went and got a temporary restraining order against me for my kids. She added additional allegations that were completely false. I believe that my ex-wife has been working for some time to turn my kids against me. I can not understand why they are agreeing to the allegations as they are completely made up. I thought I had a good relationship with my kids. I am scheduled to go to court on this matter this week. My lawyer has given me little hope in this case. Everything I bring up to her that might disprove my ex-wife's story, she tells me we can't use in court. I have no time to hire a new lawyer. What else can I do at this time? I feel as if I have no rights whatsoever. I am being accused of something I did not do.

a_j_ward

in the same boat

I am kind of in the same boat... besides the cops in Idaho are saying myself and now ex abused my ex's 7 year old daughter who has bipolar with VERY violent tendencies toward herself and others and has admitted to doing it to herself. They also took his 21 month old daughter,my 10 month old son and are planning on taking my unborn son once he is born. You are lucky everything got dropped against you, but I am under investigation for felony abuse since I was a stay at home mom and my ex was at work all the time so he is under investigation for felony neglect. we cant afford a lawyer so we have a public defender which is useless anyways. If you have any thoughts of what I can do, please let me know. My whole (long) story is posted. Please take a look and give me any advice that you may know of! Also, with what your lawyer says you cant bring up in court.. get a second opinion. Many lawyers will do a free initial consultation and just flat out ask them if you can bring whatever it is up.... so many lawyers will squeeze you in ASAP if they think they will get another client that they can charge an arm and a leg for them to really do nothing. Just get his/her opinion, which doesnt mean you have to hire them, and if they say they think you can bring those things up in court, tell the prosicuting atty, not your lawyer that you want to testify, and when you testify, you can bring whatever up that you want to. weither they take any of it into consideration is a different story, but at least you said what you wanted to and you'll have a better defense than if you didnt say anything at all!

NEIASD

parental alienation syndrome

It might be a good idea to visit with a therapist over this matter. There seems to be a new diagnosis on the books "parental alienation syndrome"
That way if you do go to court or get an attorney, you'd have an explanation for her behavior and what it is doing to your children.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">