• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

11357b HS California Under 21 (18) Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MattHalpert

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I was charged with a 11357b HS about a week ago, around 2 grams of marijuana. I am 18 years old. It was in my car, but because i admitted to it, they did not charge me with the cvc vehicle code, only the HS code. I have read online that this charge could cause me to face a 1 year license suspension, as i am under 21, however, I have read that this only comes into play when also charged with the cvc 13202 as well (MJ in car). I have also read that anybody who has faced this charger, HS and not cvc, did not lose their license. Some were given a diversion program, attending classes, so that the infraction was completely dropped and the fine was removed (only paying for classes). I cannot get a lawyer, but want to know how i can go about ensuring I get the diversion program and do not risk losing my license. Is there something I must say in court? or is it listed as an option? By the way, my record is clean, save one traffic ticket, which I took traffic school for.

Thank you all very much.

And yes, i know MJ is dangerous/harmful and am not looking for a lecture. I was stupid and I payed the price!

MattHalpert

You have not hired a lawyer to attempt to get you diversion, which is what your next step should be.
will I be unable to get a diversion without a lawyer? I really cannot afford one. I was reading that the judge may list it as an option when i appear, but obviously I need to know what to do set in stone before I appear.

Thank you for your input

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">