• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

11364 h&s - ca

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

al91206

State: California (Los Angeles County)

My partner of 15 years was ticketed for possession of drug paraphernalia (only offense listed on ticket was 11364). The ticket states it's a misdemeanor and he has to appear at the end of the month.

Unfortunately my partner is undocumented here in the US.

Will he be booked when he shows up for court? We're seeing a lawyer next week, but wanted some info beforehand.

It seems very minor to me - but who know what's minor / major crimes these days.

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks,

Al in SoCal

CdwJava

Before the matter can be adjudicated he will have to appear for booking. That is, he will have to have prints and a photo. I am not sure of the process in Los Angeles - they may do it at the courthouse prior to the hearing, or, they may order him to present himself at the jail prior to the hearing.

If you are asking whether he will be deported or arrested, we cannot predict that, but I would think it unlikely unless they have some additional reason to do so later.

al91206

Update ...

Info just for others in case anyone is in the same situation.

We went to court - our lawyer immediately presented a couple of motions to the DA who looking at the ticket offered to send it to the diversion program. 40 AA / NA meetings and a 2 page essay later (3 months of doing meetings basically) the charge was dismissed and no booking was necessary.

The lawyer charged $2000 for a flat-fee for the charge.

Thanks for the info ....

Al

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">