• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

12.44 B?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

innocent97

What is the name of your state? Dallas Texas
my husband got pulled over in 9/05 for a warrant for not paying a traffic ticket, after handcuffing him and putting him in the car they did an admin inventory of the car which they said they found drugs but never told him what kind nor did they do a field test, he got to the jail they booked him in and his bail was set at 5,400 when he got transfered to county the drug charge did not follow him he was arraigned on the warrant bailed out at only 240 dollars and got a yr probation he finished his probation on 11/06 on 2/07 he was pulled over for doing 4 miles over the speed limit they ran his license and found he had a warrant for possession of a controlled substance, we hadnt heard anything else about this his P.O never said anything about it either

after making calls to get to the bottom of this, the drug was meth 0.21 grams the grand jury indicted him in 5/06 wouldnt that be a probation violation? anywho we got an attorney and we just went to court the DA was gonna give him 5 yrs probation or 2 yrs state jail, after the attorney submitted the evidence the DA decided to offer him a 12.44 b felony reduction to a misdemeanor and time served.. they attorney said we could probably show harm, sinch my husband has no priors since 96 a (dui when it was a misdemeanor) he is 35 yrs old and we know now who the drug belonged to, our car was a way for my brother to work the nite shift so he used the car and he has priors but he wont come fourth, and since the car is in hubbys name its his possession

is this 12.44 b worth it? will he still be frowned on because of having a drug conviction? why didnt the probation officer get wind of this indictment during his term it should of ran concurrent with the probation.. im just so confused, we have 3 small kids, husband is in remission from cancer we are a church going family,

the attorney has already gotten 1750 from us she wants another 750, and if we go for the 50/50 dismissal another 1,000 we will lose the money and the 12.44 b offer and he will have to do the probation or jail time

will we lose our kids medicaid? my husband is a diesel mechanic and he could lose his job

please some advice, words of wisdom or support

I know people always say its *not mine* but people should be given a chance to prove it

Last edited:

AlanShore

What is the name of your state? Dallas Texas
my husband got pulled over in 9/05 for a warrant for not paying a traffic ticket, after handcuffing him and putting him in the car they did an admin inventory of the car which they said they found drugs but never told him what kind nor did they do a field test, he got to the jail they booked him in and his bail was set at 5,400 when he got transfered to county the drug charge did not follow him he was arraigned on the warrant bailed out at only 240 dollars and got a yr probation he finished his probation on 11/06 on 2/07 he was pulled over for doing 4 miles over the speed limit they ran his license and found he had a warrant for possession of a controlled substance, we hadnt heard anything else about this his P.O never said anything about it either

after making calls to get to the bottom of this, the drug was meth 0.21 grams the grand jury indicted him in 5/06 wouldnt that be a probation violation? anywho we got an attorney and we just went to court the DA was gonna give him 5 yrs probation or 2 yrs state jail, after the attorney submitted the evidence the DA decided to offer him a 12.44 b felony reduction to a misdemeanor and time served.. they attorney said we could probably show harm, sinch my husband has no priors since 96 a (dui when it was a misdemeanor) he is 35 yrs old and we know now who the drug belonged to, our car was a way for my brother to work the nite shift so he used the car and he has priors but he wont come fourth, and since the car is in hubbys name its his possession

is this 12.44 b worth it? will he still be frowned on because of having a drug conviction? why didnt the probation officer get wind of this indictment during his term it should of ran concurrent with the probation.. im just so confused, we have 3 small kids, husband is in remission from cancer we are a church going family,

the attorney has already gotten 1750 from us she wants another 750, and if we go for the 50/50 dismissal another 1,000 we will lose the money and the 12.44 b offer and he will have to do the probation or jail time

will we lose our kids medicaid? my husband is a diesel mechanic and he could lose his job

please some advice, words of wisdom or support

I know people always say its *not mine* but people should be given a chance to prove it
$750 or jail....I wonder....:confused: .....:D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">