• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 Mi PWID Marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

patkeller123

Saint Clair Michigan.... 48079
Hi, my names Pat. Im a good kid, never been in trouble. I have straight A's, a Scholarship.
But ive been hurting for money. So I started sell pot. I wasnt selling much maybe an ounce a week. Just to get the money for gas to make to college, and to eat lunch. See the economy is pretty bad around here, and I havent been able to find work.

Well just a couple days ago my house was raided By C.O.M.E.T. I geuss on of Michigans special forces teams. They found a Half ounce and a digital scale and a couple pipes.

Now I am not sure how this works, but Im 16 for 2 more weeks. Will the Possesion with intent to distribute be charged to me as a minor or adult?

What kind of charges am I facing?

And finally is there anywhere I can get cheap or free legal aid other than the lawyer they apoint me the day of my trial...

Thank you so much for any help, tips, or advice!

quincy

COMET is the County of Macomb Enforcement Team, and they usually deal with LARGE scale drug issues. I am surprised they raided your home over a few ounces of marijuana. Were you selling BCBud? Were you getting the pot from Canada??

patkeller123

No, the thought I was a large drug dealer when really I'm not... Just regs, nothing special. THey couldnt beleive i didnt have any more, they were really pissed off. I told them it was all I had and they wouldnt listen so they tore apart the whole house. Now they are tryin to get me to rat, but I wont. They told me if i dont rat by wensday they are goin to hand in the paperwork.

HomeGuru

No, the thought I was a large drug dealer when really I'm not... Just regs, nothing special. THey couldnt beleive i didnt have any more, they were really pissed off. I told them it was all I had and they wouldnt listen so they tore apart the whole house. Now they are tryin to get me to rat, but I wont. They told me if i dont rat by wensday they are goin to hand in the paperwork.
**A: how in the world can you be a straight A student when you have such poor grammar and spelling?

patkeller123

Well thanx for your help HomeGuru..... Im not here for an argument via an advice forum... Im using this forum for my help. Get a life and leave me alone.

quincy

Using marijuana is a misdemeanor, up to 90 days in jail and/or a $100 fine (although this varies by city in Michigan). Possession is a misdemeanor, up to 1 year in jail and/or $1000 fine. Delivery is a felony, up to 4 years in jail and/or a $2000 fine. Your driver's license will be suspended for 6 months if you have had no prior convictions.

With a good lawyer, you may get off with just possession, if COMET was unable to locate any major amounts of drugs in your home, unless you happened to sell to an undercover agent. They will press you for the name of your supplier, however. You should have contact with a lawyer prior to speaking with the drug enforcement team on Wednesday. This is very important.

If there is a law school attached to the college you attend, you may be able to get some free legal advice there. There are legal clinics, as well, that can assist you for little or no cost.

I would check out the following site www.drug-rehabs.org/Michigan-Detroit-drug-rehab-treatment.htm and click on St. Clair. I understand that you may not have a drug problem yourself, but this site can direct you to people who may be able to assist you. The site is connected with Comnet, which is a community-based organization that connects people in need with people who can help.

patkeller123

Holy ****!!!

Well everything for my charges are over... Im on probation... whatever... they ended up charging me with Maintaing a Drug house and Possesion of Marihuana.....

Last edited by a moderator:

FlyingRon

Get her a lawyer as you should have had for your trial.

Your desire for some cash to waste on whatever has landed your loved ones in a heap of trouble.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">