• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

17 year old charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

babshill

My husband lives & is currently on an out of county holdin in Ocala, Florida
Warrant is from 9/91 out of Miami-Dade County

He violated his probation on a DUI charge in 2006. The judge took into consideration that my husband sufers from major depression and anxiety disorder, has been treated for mental illness in the past & has been w/out his medication for quite some time. He also approached his probation officer and asked for help BEFORE he violated. We were blessed to have the judge send him home and await inpatient treatment. Prior to his release, a Dade County hold came across the teletype for a possession charge from 1991. My husband now sits in Marion County Jail awaiting transfer. Up until the DUI in 2006, my husband has not been in any trouble. The charge in 1991 was a first offense. My husband will be entering treatment and has been placed on community control here in Ocala. My husband has made dramatic changes to his life since 1991 and is now a husband and father of a 4 year old. He wants very much to contribute to his family and be a productive member of society. He asked for help from Judge Stancil and the judge granted his request. Now, this charge may stand between him and the continued recovery that he sought that was granted by the judge who allowed him to enter a program that can provide for the dual-diagnosis he needs. I have had attorneyes say that they could request the judge to w/draw the capias so the old would be removed. Since I cannot afford an attorney, even though my odds may be slim, can I contact the judge by fax and explain the situation and request the same thing? My husband would be on community control once he left jail.

seniorjudge

Q: Since I cannot afford an attorney, even though my odds may be slim, can I contact the judge by fax and explain the situation and request the same thing?

A: You may try, but since you are not a lawyer, you may not even get past the clerk. If the prosecutor agrees that you can talk to the judge, then you MAY have a chance to talk to the judge with the prosecutor present.

But don't expect the warrant to be withdrawn.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">