• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

18 yr old first time offender being arraigned with Marijuana Possession for Sale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrobviouslee

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

My 18-yr old son was pulled over and found in possession of about 14 grams of Marijuana and a scale in San Bernardino County. Another person in the car also had pot and a scale but has a medical card. He is a first time offender having never been even pulled over for a speeding ticket.

I am beginning the process of understanding what his options are and seeking a good attorney. This is all new and terrifying to he and I. Any advice on what his options are would be deeply appreciated.

FlyingRon

His real option is to get an attorney and get this reduced from the felony that it is apparently charged with.

CdwJava

But, the title of the thread involves marijuana possession for sales ... it sounds like a weak sales case, but it might be a transportation case, instead. Hence the reason I would like to know the code section. Possession is subject to Prop 36 deferral, sales is not.

dave33

The best thing you scan do you are doing. Getting him a good attorney. Are you 100% sure all the pot did not belong to the friend with the card? Although it sounds like he was still in poss., maybe he can get the charged reduced. Really good attorneys can work wonders. If you spend the $ you may get better results than you thought possible. Also sales or distribition sounds extreme, maybe poss.w/intent to deliver. goodluck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">