• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

1st offense 2 counts class 6 felony drug poss

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dbro

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

This is my first offense. I called the police to my house about 4 months ago because I found drugs in my daughter's room, and, she had left the house without permission. When she finally came home, and was questioned, she said I had some marijuana in my safe, which is always locked. I willingly gave the very small amount I had, along with paraphenalia, to the officer. I refused to be questioned without a lawyer present and he read me my rights. Obviously, I realize now I shouldn't have called the cops, but was very worried about my daughter's safety.
I'm a tax paying citizen who may lose credentials and licenses because of my recreational use of marijuana. Personally, I believe it should be legalized, at the very least decriminalized.

I would appreciate some legal advice ASAP, please!

Thanks

Antigone*

This is my first offense. I called the police to my house about 4 months ago because I found drugs in my daughter's room, and, she had left the house without permission. When she finally came home, and was questioned, she said I had some marijuana in my safe, which is always locked. I willingly gave the very small amount I had, along with paraphenalia, to the officer. I refused to be questioned without a lawyer present and he read me my rights. Obviously, I realize now I shouldn't have called the cops, but was very worried about my daughter's safety.
I'm a tax paying citizen who may lose credentials and licenses because of my recreational use of marijuana. Personally, I believe it should be legalized, at the very least decriminalized.

Thanks
Actually your thinking is all backwards. If you are worried about your daughter's safety and don't want your daughter to do drugs, then you shouldn't either. Monkey see, monkey do.

Kudos to your daughter!!!

Personally, I believe it should be legalized, at the very least decriminalized.
The State of Arizona doesn't agree with you.

You are facing some possibly serious penalties.

Retain a local criminal attorney with experience in drug offenses.

Yesterday.

cyjeff

Thanks
This has to be a troll.

You called the police to get your daughter arrested for her drugs and are now in a snit because she turned the tables on you?

Just for kicks... what drug did you think your daughter would be found with?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">