• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 arrests and one search warrant no charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

otis33

if a person is arrested for shoplifting/theft and posession of methamphetamine and released unconditionally (no charges made),then their house is searched with a warrant for methamphetamine distribution/etc., and nothing is found and no one is arrested, and then this person is arrested again for theft and posession and released unconditionally (the day after the search of the apartment, no charges made)...1. can the cops come and arrest him at any time? 2.will they eventually file charges? 3. can they enter the house without consent or probable cause (other than to arrest him?) 4.Why do they keep letting him go?
state of washington.

L

lawrat

1. if they have a warrant or they catch him yes.

2. dependent on 1.

3. no -- not unless have warrant or in pursuit.

4. looking for something bigger -- the person above him

don't you watch nypd blue?

O

otis33

why search? informant exaggerating? why? please, answer!

(1) but why search the apartment then? (2) would an informant embellish? (3)Why?(4)Was this "the tip" they were waiting for to break the door down? (5)And, would a judge sign another warrant any time soon considering the outcome of this one? One more thing I am not quite clear on from my last post: When he was arrested the 2 times and not charged,(6) can they file charges at any time ( I hear they have up to 3 years to do so) and if so, do you think they will? What if he leaves the state?
Thank you for your time, I really appreciate it! State of Washington

[Edited by otis33 on 06-24-2001 at 03:06 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">