• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 Citations (NC) (marijuana possesion and alcohol)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kyle844

Education: High School (12th)

Charges: - G.S. 90-113.22(a)
"Knowingly (use) and drug paraphernalia to (plant) (propagate) (cultivate) (grow) (harvest) (manufacture) (compound) (convert) (produce) a controlled substance which it would be unlawful to possess , and to ingest, inhale, or otherwise introduce into the body a controlled substance which it would be unlawful to possess."

- G.S. 20 -138.7(a) 1
"Possess open container of malt beverage in the passenger area of motor vehicle"

- G.S. 18B-302(b)
"Being (less than 21) years old (attempt to purchase) (purchase) (possess) (malt beverage) (unfortified wine) (fortified wine) (spirituous liquor) (mixed beverage)

- G.S. 90-95 (a)
"Possess less then 1/2 ounce of marijuana, a scit VI controlled substance.

Above I have listed the charges followed by the explanation that was already printed on the citation or written in by the officer.

It was a Saturday night and I was headed to a friends 18th birthday. I pulled into a local gas station to purchase a dutch around 9:00 pm. I got back into my truck and pulled over to the side parking lot and began "rolling up my blunt" it was only seconds later when an undercover cruiser pulled up beside me. A lady and guy officer jumped out of the car with flashlights pointing all inside of my truck. In the center console I had about .5 grams of marijuana, two bottles of corona (one opened the other unopened) and the cigar itself and a knife I had used to cut the cigar. I dropped everything and put my hands on the steering wheel. They asked me the usually. To make a long story short, I was personally searched along with my truck. I was very cooperative followed with mam and sir. BACKGROUND: I was in some trouble in VA as I just recently moved to NC last year in June. All of my charges were dismissed after satisfactory performance while I was on probation and complied with all orders requested by the court. I was 16 at the time. I am currently a senior at the local high school and my grades are all B's in honors courses, I have my own lawn care service with about 13 customers, I played football and golf this year. Basically to sum it up, I don't think I'm a horrible child, I just have made some STUPID mistakes. My main concerns are if my earlier charges that were dismissed will come back up during this situation. Please any advice is greatly appreciated, I will be consulting with an attorney later next week. It would just be helpful to be informed on this situation before hand. Again thank you in advance for any advice.

FlyingRon

Your grade point or being a honor student isn't going to help you. Obviously with honors classes you have the great vision of college and a career someday which you are trashing by your continued criminal behavior. I don't think you are a horrible child, just an incredibly stupid immature one with no sense of reality.

Yes, when they do a presentence investigation to figure out what penalty to give you the fact that you were already given a second chance on prior activities can be held against you.

You need that lawyer. With all that they charged you with, you'd be lucky to stay out of jail but a good one might get another shot at the deferred judgement (they call it PFJ or PJC in NC).

FlyingRon

Jail is a possibility but unlikely, however, just because you're not going to jail don't think that you should take this lightly. You should get a lawyer to try to see if you can get the fact that you are a drug abusing criminal off your record. You will find financial aid and other options like the military closed to you with such.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">