• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2 rocks planted in purse

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

baron

What is the name of your state? Texas
My daughter was not read her miranda rights, school liason officers told her they needed to look in her purse, right on top was a vile w/ 2 rocks of cocaine in them. She was arrested put in jail. The next day she was read her rights and told that she was being charged for possesion of controlled substance and her bail. I thought they had to read miranda rights when they booked you? A known drug dealer threatened her 2 months ago, got out of jail a month a ago and this happens. Any help on this? She is not a drug user. We have had her tested.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Texas
My daughter was not read her miranda rights, school liason officers told her they needed to look in her purse, right on top was a vile w/ 2 rocks of cocaine in them. She was arrested put in jail. The next day she was read her rights and told that she was being charged for possesion of controlled substance and her bail. I thought they had to read miranda rights when they booked you? A known drug dealer threatened her 2 months ago, got out of jail a month a ago and this happens. Any help on this? She is not a drug user. We have had her tested.
What kind of test? A urine test?

racer72

Miranda is required only prior to questioning, not arrest or booking. Hire your daughter a lawyer, and make it a good one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">