• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2001 marijuana possession charge back to haunt me!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gfraserewu

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Alaska

In 2001 I was cited, plead guilty, and was convicted for possession of marijuana. I was a senior in High School (but 18). Prior to and following my court date, I enrolled in a 6-month out patient rehab program and was on probation for a short period. After turning in my certificate of completed rehab. to the court, I was given a document that the original conviction had been "removed"?? or something like that (I'm having someone check the document tonight for more details). All good right? no

Today, I recieved a letter from Alaska State Department of Education. I had applied for a teaching certificate (already held one in Washington). This letter said...
"your background check revealed that in 2001 you were charged with Possession of Marijuana.
Please forward an explanation of the disposition of the charges to the Professional Teaching Practices Office. Commission staff has denied your application until explanation is received."

I don't fully understand what they mean by "explanation of the disposition of the charges". Please help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">