• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

23222(b) What if I get my Medical Marijuana Card after the ticket but before trial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrbigstax

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
Will the D.A. drop the charges 23222(b) if I get my medical marijuana card then fight the ticket with a public defender?
What are the chances the officer won't show up for trial?
Would the D.A. really want to go to trial for such a small offense?
I am on unemployment and will request a public defender. Will my unemployment be affected if I go to trial and lose?
Can I ask for diversion if I am found guilty.
What normally happens when people fight a charge like this such as percentage convicted. It is under the L.A. Superior Courts jurisdiction (Glendale)What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

CdwJava

Will the D.A. drop the charges 23222(b) if I get my medical marijuana card then fight the ticket with a public defender?
Maybe ... maybe not. he is certainly under no legal obligation to drop the charges.

What are the chances the officer won't show up for trial?
If charges as a misdemeanor in criminal court as opposed to traffic court, then the chances are excellent that he will show. If in traffic court, the chances are only very good.

Would the D.A. really want to go to trial for such a small offense?
No. This is why they offer you deferment options. Plead guilty, get counseling, stay clean for a year or so, then have it magically disappear.

I am on unemployment and will request a public defender. Will my unemployment be affected if I go to trial and lose?
No. Why should it?

Can I ask for diversion if I am found guilty.
You can ask ... but your best deals will be offered up front as a deal. if you are convicted, the state will likely offer you prop 36 drug treatment.

What normally happens when people fight a charge like this such as percentage convicted.
Those numbers are not available.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">