• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2nd Marijuana Arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

guerram24

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut

I was arrested for less than 2 ounces of Marijuana at my high school. I appeared in court and was given 30 hours community service, and mandatory drug testing for 6 weeks. Two weeks later I was arrested again for less than 2 ounces of Marijuana when a car I was riding in with 4 friends was stopped (for an expired registration sticker) and searched (I believe illegally as there was no drug smell or evidence of drugs in plain sight.) I was very nervous, and when the officer found 1 joint and a pipe, I said they were mine as I didn't want my buddies to get in trouble. I am 19, still in high school, unemployed and pretty much on my own. Do I need a lawyer and if yes, can I get a public defender, and where and when do I ask for one?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Connecticut

I was arrested for less than 2 ounces of Marijuana at my high school. I appeared in court and was given 30 hours community service, and mandatory drug testing for 6 weeks. Two weeks later I was arrested again for less than 2 ounces of Marijuana when a car I was riding in with 4 friends was stopped (for an expired registration sticker) and searched (I believe illegally as there was no drug smell or evidence of drugs in plain sight.) I was very nervous, and when the officer found 1 joint and a pipe, I said they were mine as I didn't want my buddies to get in trouble. I am 19, still in high school, unemployed and pretty much on my own. Do I need a lawyer and if yes, can I get a public defender, and where and when do I ask for one?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

you need a lawyer. if you request for a public defender, you ask for one at your hearing date.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">