• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

2nd offense Drug charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunnygirl2005

A family member has been charged with:

(F)PWIMSD SCH II CS CLS:H
(F)MAINTN VEH/DWELL/PLACE CS (F) CLS:I
(M)POSSESS DRUG PARAPHERNALIA CLS:1
(F)POSSESS METHAMPHETAMINE CLS:I

What is the possible out come? Ten years ago he got two counts of Selling and delievering and possession of marijuana ( 2 felonies ). He does have a good lawyer.
Also, we are in North Carolina

Last edited:

quincy

A family member has been charged with:

(F)PWIMSD SCH II CS CLS:H
(F)MAINTN VEH/DWELL/PLACE CS (F) CLS:I
(F)POSSESS METHAMPHETAMINE CLS:I

What is the possible out come? Ten years ago he got two counts of Selling and delievering and possession of marijuana ( 2 felonies ). He does have a good lawyer.
Also, we are in North Carolina
There are all sorts of possible outcomes. If your family member has a good lawyer, however, the outcome stands to be better than it would be without the good lawyer.

FlyingRon

He's a level II (perhaps III, if he was still on probation or parole for the priors) prior offender. By the way, any prior class 1 misdemeanors count against him as well.
He's already on the maximum points for level II just for the two prior drug charges.

With two Class I and a class H, he's looking at a presumptive MINIMUM SENTENCE range of 14-22 months in prison. Community sentencing (probation only) is not recommended. The presumptive maxium range would be 36 months. Of course, the judge may tack on time for the misdemeanors (45 days presumptive minimum for each one). He could be facing more time given circumstances not presented.

Last edited:

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
If the family member does indeed have a good attorney then HE should be speaking with his attorney about possible outcomes, no? I'm sure his attorney already has a good handle on things.

quincy

If the family member does indeed have a good attorney then HE should be speaking with his attorney about possible outcomes, no? I'm sure his attorney already has a good handle on things.
With two felonies in the past, and three felony charges and two misdemeanor charges now, the family member had better hope he has a good attorney ... although there is only so much even a great attorney can do for some people.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">