• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

3 strikes your out...what about 4?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Missouri

I know a person who just got released from federal prison. He was growing pot and selling it across the entire US. When he was caught the 3rd time he went to prison for nearly 10 years.

Now he plans on trying this again but being a bit more sneaky (HA !) If he is caught, would that be "strike 1" or would he go directly back to prison.

He's never hurt anyone or done anything else illegal (that I know of)

Thank you

gogo589

Is this your "friend"? I would hope he would be charged with a strike 4 since he hasn't learned his lesson.

If he's never hurt anyone or done anything else illegal (that you know of), then it's prefectly ok for him to do that. The police wil typically look the other way when it comes to repeat drug trafficking. :eek:

If he is caught, would that be "strike 1" or would he go directly back to prison.
The baseball analogy is imperfect. It's not like you get three strikes and then start out clean at your next "at bat."

Your friend <ahem> is a recidivist felon. If he gets caught again it's back to the slammer fo' sho'.

OK, it's not a friend

It's my brother-in-law.

His sister just got him a cell phone and it's really been a ringing. Must be his old cronies. Anyway he has never worked for more than a week at a time. Found out the little bit of money we sent to him in prison was for him to pay someone to do his wash and clean his cell.

On his way to the half-way house his sister stopped and let him go in Walmart...did a little shop lifting in there and then went to the l/2 way house.

He is calling regularly now for money...needs a truck and other high priced items. Nope...we are not giving him a cent....no way he is gonna be able to pay us back.

My question of strike 4...he served 8 of 10 years in federal prison...would he only have to serve 2 more or would they just keep him in there and start over with the 10 years?

I'm in Wisconsin and he wants to come up here...YIKES ! He's 56 years old and not a real likable sort of person.

Thank you.

Thank you

He thinks he has an idea on how to outsmart LE....he thought that years back when he had 2 weeks left and he smuggled (in his body) a mess of valium...he had to serve the remaining 2 years.

Sure had a nice home and beautiful stuff before he got caught. I'm sure he's gonna sell big time to get a nice house again.

He's the King Pin down there....

I think I'm gonna laugh when he gets picked up. His brother said LE is watching and screening all his phone calls.....he never saw a cell phone before..doesn't know how they can track stuff.

Anyway, thanks for the responses....

gogo589

Yikes! :eek: I would definately keep away from him. Sounds like nothing but trouble. If he hasn't learned his lesson by now, chances are he never will. I hope you don't do anything more for this career criminal. I would hate to see you and your family get drug into this mess.

I have a few friends in bad spots and told them that anonymous letters are the way to go...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">