• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

4.5 Grams of Marijuana in Tennesssee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

joepalermo

I am currently an Indiana resident, and I recently received a court date for possession of Marijuana(4.5 grams in bag) and Possession of paraphernalia ( one glass pipe with marijuana residue).

I have a court date coming up next month and I just realized exactly how terrified I am. What can I expect? I cannot afford a lawyer at this juncture in life, should I contact the courts for a court appoiinted attorney? WHAT DO I DO? I'm honestly a bit scared here. I'm afraid 2.5grams of actual marijuana is going to cost me future employment/ 1000's of dollars, and possibly some uncomfortable probabtion time. WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT???? HELP!

I am currently an Indiana resident, and I recently received a court date for possession of Marijuana(4.5 grams in bag) and Possession of paraphernalia ( one glass pipe with marijuana residue).

I have a court date coming up next month and I just realized exactly how terrified I am. What can I expect? I cannot afford a lawyer at this juncture in life, should I contact the courts for a court appoiinted attorney? WHAT DO I DO? I'm honestly a bit scared here. I'm afraid 2.5grams of actual marijuana is going to cost me future employment/ 1000's of dollars, and possibly some uncomfortable probabtion time. WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT???? HELP!

In Tennessee:

Possession of any quantity of Marijuana

Misdemeanor

Penalties include incarceration for a period of up to one (1) year with a fine of up to $2,500

First-time offenders will receive a mandatory minimum fine of at least $250.

Second-time offenders will receive a mandatory minimum fine of at least $500.

Any repeat offense after the second will receive a mandatory minimum fine of at least $1,000.

Possession of paraphernalia

Misdemeanor

Penalties include incarceration for up to one (1) year with a fine of up to $2,500
You really haven't given enough info here for anyone to try to suggest a defense. Where were you? How were you caught? What were the circumstances by which the police found the marijuana?

If you really cannot afford an attorney then contact the court and find out what you need to do to request a public defender. I wouldn't go into court on this without professional representation.

JMHO

joepalermo

I was driving 16mph over the speed limit heading north just about 5 miles south of Kentucky and naturally pulled over. I have no previous record and have only received one speeding violation almost 4 years ago in Indiana. After I was pulled over another police officer came to the car and said he was going to have a K9 smell around the car and asked if I had anything. I opened up the glove box, dug to the bottom and released a glass pipe and a small bag of marijuana. The original officer who pulled me over laughed and began to write up the paperwork. He released me on my own recognizance and gave me a court date.

First have a look at the Norml website and take comfort in the fact that they exsist. Call them and ask if they can help, they're a big help.

Next time put these on your weed, they'll save you from certain fines.

Marijuana tax stamps: This state has a marijuana tax stamp law enacted. This law mandates that those who possess marijuana are legally required to purchase and affix state-issued stamps onto his or her contraband. Failure to do so may result in a fine and/or criminal sanction. For more information, see NORML's report Marijuana Tax Stamp Laws And Penalties .

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">