• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

5 to 6ish Grams, intent to sell and paraphernalia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Joeyneedsadvice

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NM, 18 years old
First time geting in trouble with the law.
My story is similar to some other person that posted on this site a while back. I got caught driving to the gym on a febuary morning by a police officer. He pulled me over because of my back passenger light was out.

He had me step out because he said he smelled marijuana which is hard to believe because it was all jared up and sealed. He asked me to step out and he searched my car. Found a jar of marijuana about 6ish grams. One small pipe, baggies, and a mini scale. He asked me if I was selling I told him no but he says we have you for multiple things.

He asked me if i want to be an informant I said no im not going to be a snich, He didnt give me a citation or a ticket told me to go on home he took my stuff and had me leave.
I got a lawyer and he told me to wait it out till they get in contact with me.
Been over 6 weeks since any verbal contact with the police. I asked my lawyer can they come back and get me he says he doesnt know forsure because this case is very weird how they just let me leave with no cite.

My questions are:
Will they come back and do somthing to me? Like court ect....

Can they still cite me even after more than a month?

Stuff like that anyone have any type of information to help me out?

N2l83

but cant he do somthing to me later like charge me? or anything like that??
HELL NO DUDE!!
he didnt write up any citation or fine for you.? haha He just smoked pot himself n felt the urge to take up the freebee.

Really it would be really really hard for him to prove you beyond a reasonable doubt that you had intent to sell. Scale can still be used for personal use. i.e "checking to make sure you dont get ripped off" and nothing was separated in baggies all in one jar? man your good absolutely NOTTA going to happen to you. Personal use all the way man always, but as for that cop you will never hear from him again and dont call them either just take the loss.

Joeyneedsadvice

It was seperated in like 4 baggies but really it was just one huge nug, but all in one jar. And its been a very long time still since a cop has called me.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">