• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

58 grams of marijuana

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

danielle00alyse

What is the name of your state? Florida

My boyfriend was driving with his friend who was known to the police to be a drug dealer. The cops pulled them over. My boyfriend was asked for his ID by the cops and since he did not have it on him, the cops said that they have a right to search him so they did. Well on him was 58 grams of marijuana. He was arrested and then released on bond and is now waiting for his arraigment. What should he plead and most importantly What is the worse that can can happen?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

danielle00alyse said:

My boyfriend was driving with his friend who was known to the police to be a drug dealer. The cops pulled them over. My boyfriend was asked for his ID by the cops and since he did not have it on him, the cops said that they have a right to search him so they did. Well on him was 58 grams of marijuana. He was arrested and then released on bond and is now waiting for his arraigment. What should he plead and most importantly What is the worse that can can happen?

My response:

You stupid druggies are all alike. What the hell - - did he have an entire BRICK in his back pocket?

What should he plead? He needs to plead "Utter Stupidity".

Remember, you ARE the company that you keep.

IAAL

J

jeepgirl74

I recommend getting a new boyfriend.

True story -- I started dating a guy who was pulled over for expired tabs on his license plate. Unfortunately for him, it was the second time he'd been pulled over for it. He didn't bother getting it taken care of the first time, so there was a warrant for his arrest.

When he called to have me bail him out, I went to the police station. I'd never been to a jail before, so I had to ask where I should go. The guy behind the counter said "is this for your brother or your ex-boyfriend?" I said it was neither! He said "It will be."

:p

Danielle -- seriously, wash your hands of the situation and be done with it. There are better guys out there.

n_and

danielle00alyse said:

What do you THINK is going to happen? What's in a pound - 28 grams? That's over 2 lbs.

Hire an attorney.

R

Ramoth

Actually, 28 grams if more than half a pound. Still, and awful lot of trouble when you're caught with it.

VR_Hunter

danielle00alyse wrote: What should he plead and most importantly What is the worse that can can happen?

***What should he plead? Come on. He had 58 grams! "GUILTY!"

*** What is the worst that can happen? Jail time, I hope. That much dope was meant to be distributed.

n_and

Ramoth said:
Actually, 28 grams if more than half a pound. Still, and awful lot of trouble when you're caught with it.
What a moron I am! That's right...28 grams is an ounce. 16 ounces is a pound. (Right?) Thanks for calling that to my attention...I am so embarrassed. Ah, well. I was never good at math, anyway.

What is the worst that can happen? Jail time, I hope.
:D

n_and

Have you been hitting the pipe as well, Danielle?
I was already informed that on an earlier post. Perhaps if you put down the drugs for a moment you would have not only read, but comprehended my above post as well.

2 ounces is still illegal, and I am glad my tax dollars are being put to jailing criminals like your boyfriend.

T

TysonLPrice

This is a jewel:

“You stupid druggies are all alike. What the hell - - did he have an entire BRICK in his back pocket? What should he plead? He needs to plead "Utter Stupidity". Remember, you ARE the company that you keep.

How much wiil you charge for this advice when you are in your office.

P

pointlessjon

n_and said:
...2 ounces is still illegal, and I am glad my tax dollars are being put to jailing criminals like your boyfriend.

nevermind the fact that it's a f***ing PLANT, a weed at that. You go and be glad that you're paying money to lock someone up for carrying a plant, I'll be over here trying to understand how this country claims to be so free.

Ah, what am I saying? I hate those druggies too! always getting high and killing people. Smoking dope and running their cars into kids, stray pets, and the occasional mail box; stealing chips and donuts from 7-11... damn them!

JETX

"What should he plead"
*** Gee, guilty sounds ideal, huh???

"and most importantly What is the worse that can can happen?"
*** The worst that can happen is that he doesn't get a REALLY long sentence.

JETX

Lets see....
1 gram equals 0.0352739619 ounces
so, 58 grams equals 2.0459 ounces, or about 0.128 pounds.
Kind of thought it would be hard for this idiot to keep his pants on with "two pounds" of drugs in his back pocket!!! :D
But then a lot of these twits walk around with their pants around there knees anyway!! :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">