• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

6 grams pot..$42...a Scale

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ed15461

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania... My 18 year old son was stopped by Police for supposedly tagging??? at a store. And also hearsay that he stold a gun from a older lady. All not true according to him. No gun was found. He had 6 grams of pot. $42..$20 my wife gave him for the grocery store and a friends scale. Up to no good. Sell some smoke get some free. What kids do today. Anyway, He was taken to the local Police Station. Not arrested. Just them and him. No lawyer. Police told him scale was a felony and are willing to drop this charge if he will set up a cocaine dealer, and only gave him 72 hours to decide. Please help as soon as possible.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania... My 18 year old son was stopped by Police for supposedly tagging??? at a store. And also hearsay that he stold a gun from a older lady. All not true according to him. No gun was found. He had 6 grams of pot. $42..$20 my wife gave him for the grocery store and a friends scale. Up to no good. Sell some smoke get some free. What kids do today. Anyway, He was taken to the local Police Station. Not arrested. Just them and him. No lawyer. Police told him scale was a felony and are willing to drop this charge if he will set up a cocaine dealer, and only gave him 72 hours to decide. Please help as soon as possible.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Really, what kids do today:eek::eek::eek: ~ oh honey you're ill. As soon as you get your son the attorney he needs, please make sure to take the rose-colored glasses off. You need to see the truth if you are going to be any help to this young man.

Silverplum

You call this HELP...Life is a joke I take it...
Naw, that's your son's attitude. :rolleyes:

Hiring an attorney for him is the BEST thing you could do for him. Nobody here is going to magically lay out the perfect defense so that your son can go his merry way with no consequences.

And taking off your rose-colored glasses? That's the best advice you're gonna get. It's obvious that Sonnyboy does as he pleases and you sign checks.

tranquility

A lot would depend on if he already talked to the police or not. If he already spilled as to "what kids do today", he has a problem.

An attorney is almost always the best choice. The first thing will be to tell you and your child to shut up. Don't say anything to anyone. He might agree to the deal as it seems like there are bad things about to happen to your son.

That does not mean he does not deserve them. Don't dismiss the fact there's a firearm about somewhere which is somehow connected with your son. Just because the police didn't find it does not mean it's not there.

I doubt the scale is a felony... scales are a legal object. They are probably threatening him with possession for sales. Quantity and money and scales are all indicia of sales, but there is no set in stone rule. 6 grams can definately be for sales... Did he have 6 gram sacks or all in one sack? What did he say when questioned? To hold someone to a felony requires a judge to agree there was probable cause of posession for sales at a hearing in open court. Is there that?

What power do these officers have to even make this deal?

Which leads me to the issue he has with the police. Out of the blue they are wanting him to set up a coke dealer? That is not typical in a small time possession case... so something else is going on. they dont just randomly select pot heads to go mess with coke dealers...

Sometimes the version being told by the person incustody does not jive with the facts of the case as presented by the police.

I do believe there is no other correct answer than you need legal advice from someone who can review the facts and circumstances as reported by the police and advise you how to proceed; a knowledgable person to work on your son's behalf and weed through the BS for the best potential result.

Last edited:

Ed15461

This the best you geeks got???

:)It's obvious that I wasted my time becoming a member in this site. Rose colored glasses...Targets...If you ever look out the window you will see a different world. My son has two jobs. He is 18 years old and not a mommys boy like the kids you people must have. If you have any. I can not stay with him 24/7. I have to work to keep writeing checks,as you say. I do not approve of this lifestyle,but since you people have such a great life sitting in front of a computer ragging on people looking for adivce. Maybe you can come up with some better words of wit that you read on the bathroom walls at Walmart. One can only wish.

Antigone*

:)It's obvious that I wasted my time becoming a member in this site. Rose colored glasses...Targets...If you ever look out the window you will see a different world. My son has two jobs. He is 18 years old and not a mommys boy like the kids you people must have. If you have any. I can not stay with him 24/7. I have to work to keep writeing checks,as you say. I do not approve of this lifestyle,but since you people have such a great life sitting in front of a computer ragging on people looking for adivce. Maybe you can come up with some better words of wit that you read on the bathroom walls at Walmart. One can only wish.
oh :eek:Yikes....

He's over 18:eek:. He'll be in with the big boys. Tell him not to drop the soap.

Tigi somehow figured kid was under 18, the daddy was handling the whole situation. Oops. Sorry. (tigi had roses on her eyes for a second there).

Silverplum

"Pleasure" doing "business" with ya.

:rolleyes:

StevenJ_420Law said:
Sometimes the version being told by the person incustody does not jive with the facts of the case as presented by the police.
Sure. And, mostly, the version told to the parent/s by the youthful offender is vastly different than the real-life facts. ;)

JungleCat

This post cannot be for real. Seriously it's making me laugh out loud. The only way he can get off a marijuana charge is if he sets up a cocaine deal? This sounds like an episode from Reno 9-1-1. Nothing about this makes sense. Ahahahahah.

ErinGoBragh

This post cannot be for real. Seriously it's making me laugh out loud. The only way he can get off a marijuana charge is if he sets up a cocaine deal? This sounds like an episode from Reno 9-1-1. Nothing about this makes sense. Ahahahahah.
Umm.. that's actually what happened to someone I know and am very close to.

JungleCat

Umm.. that's actually what happened to someone I know and am very close to.
You would have to be an absolute moron to agree to such a thing. Can you imagine the consequences of working with the police without any protection to go undercover and bust a cocaine dealer? Secondly, what about the fact the kid that kid got caught got with pot somehow ties him to hard drug manufacturer and distributers? What makes this kid more qualified than the specialized undercover officers that exist for such reasons?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">