• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

7 years really?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

monroe00

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I posted before asking about my buddy who was arrested and received 2 charges: posession of marijuana (under a gram) and drug paraphornilia. It has been almost 2 months since his arrest and he hasn't received anything in the mail reguarding the charges or a court date. His lawyer said they would either "push it under the rug" or he would recieve something in the mail to enroll him in the TASC program. From my undertstanding, the district attorney has up to seven years to press charges. How long does it usually take? Does it really take up to seven years? Also, he is moving soon so how does he change his address with the court system? Thank all of you for your help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">