• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

893.13(6a) cocaine-possess-possess cocaine

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

floridaUser

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
My wife was charged with this, she had no idea the passenger had cocaine and then hid it under the seat when they were pulled over, in addition she heard the cop asking the passenger over and over where did she get the drugs, the cops never asked my wife about the drugs, my wife did hear the passenger mention some names and the next thig she new she was handcuffed and taken to jail. In the report the passenger (lied) stated that my wife gave her the drugs to hide when they were being pulled over, which she did not. At the time they were pulled over my wife was driving, making an illegal left turn (which is when the cops showed up), over a median (no she was not drunk, left turns were allowed at one time then the city put in a small median) and putting on the head lights because she realized they were not on, there was no free hand to give the passenger anything.
(she was also given tickets for the left, crossing a median)

From what I read (6A) means that you have to have knowledge of the drugs being there, which she did not.

The lawyer we spoke with talked like she was going to found guilty, my wife has No criminal history, nothing, does not use drugs, today we went to a testing center for urine and hair testing to prove she does not have any history of drug use (the lawyer did not ask us to).

She did not do anything but the police took the passengers word and my wife went to jail.

Is there no defense?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">